1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost to belong to a club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

There is a recent thread talking about the cost of shooting trap (25) in your area. Range seems to be from a couple of bucks to as much as $8. All clubs charge a little less for members than non-members.

To put things in some perspective I was wondering what the cost of joining a club in your area is.

I belong to two clubs in the greater Portland Oregon area and both are $60 per year for membership.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Western NY, I belong to 3, ones $45 (the one that charges $3.25 a round), one is $35 (the one that charges $3.00 a round), and one is $25 (the one that charges $3.50 a round, but this is the student membership price, regular price is $175 a year).

3. zoom

zoom TS Member

A New Jersey club charges $200. to join and $150. there after as a member. Members shoot at $4.00 a round and non menbers $7.50 a round of 25 targets.

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Skeet-Man.........what clubs do you shoot at ???.......Your friend...Uncle Sam

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Another take on this.... What do you get for your membership?

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

$50/year, skeet, sporting clays, five stand, trap, pistol range, rifle range to 250yds. $3.50 for trap or 3 rounds for $10. Don't shoot the others so I can't give you a cost. Pistol and rifle range are free.

7. rwm12

rwm12 Member

Ten dollars a year, Vincennes, IN Gun Club, $2.50 a round for trap or skeet, fifty cents more for non-member or guest.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

$80 a year, $3 a round for skeet, wobbly and bunker along with access at no charge to pistol ranges, 600 yard multi-use range and also a up to 1,000 yard rifle range. The only problem though with some cheap clubs is whether or not they are actually open on a regular basis to shoot.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

$80.00 per year + $4.00 per round. $6.00 per round for non-members.

10. starship

starship TS Member

Boy Lumper you had to complicate things didn't you?...:)

Excellent question.

Portland Gun Club, $60 year membership, open Thur, Sat and Sun.
    Trap and Sporting Clays

Hillsboro Gun Club, $60 year membership, Open Wed, Sat and Sun.
    Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays (weekends).

Both clubs charge a $1 grounds fee (for the day) when you shoot.

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

$45/year at Naperville Sportsman's Club + 2-3 days/yr as a volunteer putting in 12-15 hours of light work.

For the $45, monthly newsletter, $1/round shooting discount (extended to members' eligible dependents), annual picnic dinner + discounts on shooting apparrel and reloading supplies.

Jay

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

My club has no membership fee. We just want people to come and shoot.

Pat Ireland

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Pat ... where is this club and what can we shoot there?

14. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Trap range, (throw your own too-by hand), archery range, 200 yd rifle range with 10 benches, 10 bay pistol range, river fishing, camping area, nice clubhouse, 140 acres, arrowhead hunting, great wildlife viewing... all for only 80.00 per year. We should be charging much more seeing that our cost to be a member was 84.00 per person two years ago.

15. deercreek

Trap range, (throw your own too-by hand), archery range, 200 yd rifle range with 10 benches, 10 bay pistol range, river fishing, camping area, nice clubhouse, 140 acres, arrowhead hunting, great wildlife viewing... all for only 80.00 per year. We should be charging much more seeing that our cost to be a member was 84.00 per person two years ago.

16. deercreek

Sorry for the previous flinch !!!

17. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Howell Gun CLub Howell, MI $150 initiation fee, $100 a year for members under 55, $75 for over 55. It is a family membership covering spouse and all minor children living at home. Trap and skeet $3 a line Buy 10 on a card and get 1 free., $4 for non members $2 for under 18 years old members or non. 50 foot indoor range, 25, 50, 100 and 300 yard outdoor ranges.

Jeff

18. guncase

guncase TS Member

Charging $4 for members and $6 for non members is kinda like putting a sign at the gate"go away ,,we don't want you to shoot here". I would think that the first time a fellow goes to a gun club he should be treated Just like a member!! Then they can explain that membership is required in the future but this time is "on the house".

19. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I belong to a club in Odum Ga and membership is $200.00 a year for two skeet fields with machines that work most of the time and a trap machine that hardly works at all and is now sold with a replacement sometime in the future. Cost per round is $3.50 per members and $5.00 for visitors. Usually whoever brings visitors will pay for their first visit and pay $3.50 per round. After that it's $5.00 per round. Since it's the closest place, that's where I shoot. I must say that the rest of the members(15) are fine folks and I really enjoy shooting with them. Jackie B.

20. deercreek

EVERYBODY pays the same for trap at our club (4.00). The membership dues are for personal use of rifle, pistol, archery ranges. Also fishing, camping and anything that is not a public scheduled open event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.