1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost to add central air to hot air heat system

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Last time I priced it I think it was about 2500 but that was r22 and now think they have to use r14.

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Cost on this has went up big time. What I use to install a 2 ton unit I am not able to buy the equipment for now. Shop around. Remember do buisness with a known dealer and a known brand.

3. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

Some forced air heating systems are installed without considering the possibility of adding on cooling at a later time. First make sure you're air handler, (heater) produces enough air flow for air conditioning. Cooling requires more forced air than heating. Also, make sure your ductwork is sized properly. Your best bet is to contact a reputable heat/air contractor to determine your cooling needs. The cost for adding on cooling depends a lot on how much of your current system can be used. Hope this helps some.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The price of a 4 ton 16 seer Heat pump unit out here in Arizona is approx. $8,000 plus all of the extra's such as hooking it into your existing duct work and so on ... Themostats are another big add, get the best one you can ... I just got prices 3 weeks ago, the units out here are heat pumps so only A/C would be considerably less ... WPT ... (YAC) ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.