1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cost per round of trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fisher, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fisher

Fisher Member

We are a small club in the Northwest. We hate to do it, but the time is finally here that we all have been dreading. we are a small 2 trap club and we currently charge 15$ a year for dues, a 2$ daily fee, and 3$ for a practice round for trap. What do some of you other small clubs charge. Any info would be helpful. I am really going to enjoy our annual meeting this year. Notttttttttttttt! Thanks all.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Raise your dues to $45 and leave everything else the same...

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I agree. Leave the round and daily prices the same and increase the yearly dues. You might bump the non-member round rate to $1 more than member price.

A couple of the smaller clubs around here charge $50 and no one seems to be put out by it.

ss

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$35 annual and $7.50/25. Unfortunately we don't set the target prices, it's a county run range and they set the prices.

Eric

5. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I shoot at the Ojai Valley Gun Club in Ojai CA.

It costs $31 for a days shooting, 2 rnds of 16yd Singles ,1 rnd of Handicap, 1 rnd of Continental, and 1 rnd of Doubles. Plus 10 shots in practice.

Add this to the $45.00 for a flat of shells at Walmart and you have a $76 dollar day.

Yearly membership to the club which includes access to just about ALL of shooting disciplines is $75.00

We have over 1000 members. But I haven't seen 900 of them.

Randy

6. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Florida is paying $3.50 to $5 per round for member targets. Non member targets are $2 to $3 more per round. Dues are $35 for shotgun only clubs to $200 for pistol, rifle and shotgun clubs. Higher end clubs can go for $500 to $1000 per year. Just our insurance is over $2500 per year. Targets run about $2 per 25. These prices are acceptable considering maintenance, lights, taxes, newsletters,lawn upkeep and such. The good ole days are gone but this is still a rather cheap pastime even though we talk about how expensive it is.

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Oxford Gun Club charges $4 per rd for trap, Skeet, and wobble. Our dues are $15 for 1st year and $10 per year there after. $4 seems to be the going rate in our area. Southeastern Pa

8. algebra1

algebra1 Member

At Bay City in Erie,Pa. we charge $2.50 a round for practice.Price is the same for non-members as well.Memberships are $10.Our sucess comes from having good people running the club.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The $3 per round is pretty low and I would think you need to increase that to remain profitable. $4/round is reasonable, we charge $5/25 for members and our costs are probably similar to yours. Increasing the annual fee won't do much for your bottom line so why go through the anguish.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

My club charges $3 a round for practice and we have no membership fees. We make a profit. Our expenses are limited to electricity, property taxes and insurance.

Pat Ireland

11. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

Town and Country Gun Club Maryville, IL $50.00 annual dues, trap or skeet $2.50 per round. Rifle and pistol range free. Bowling pin shoot $1.00 per day. Larry Lockhart

12. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Our small, one-trap field club charges just $2.50 per round for trap and we are proud that we are able to keep shooting affordable. We have several new, younger shooters with us now. Membership dues are only $15.00, and the membership is very small. The thing we always stay focused on is when buying targets (Lawry) we always try to buy a complete tractor/trailer load, splitting them with other clubs in the area. Some might feel it's a hassle to do this, but working with Rick Lawry makes it easy.

Keep shooting affordable.

Jon Reitz

13. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

we charge $3.50 shooting fees per 25 members, non members $4.50. are anual dues are $75.00 per year, stoughton cc wisconsin

14. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My closest club I belong to has dues of $200.00 a year and is 3.75 a round for members. Five dollars a round for non members. We only have 18 members and can't seem to drum up interest. If we had more members we wouldn't have to pay as high a dues. This one is located in South Georgia and we have one skeet and one wobble trap field.

At another club I pay $100.00 dues and $3.50 a round for skeet or trap. After the first three years of membership it drops to $75.00 a year. Both facilities give you a set of keys. This one is located in East Alabama. Jackie B.

15. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I shoot at Coffee Creek Conservation Club in Commiskey, IN. We charge $2 per year dues and are open on Wednesday afternoons at around 3:30pm and Saturdays at around 3:00pm. We charge $2 for 25 on Wednesday and $2.50 on Saturday. Saturday we shoot games as well as practice with a 50 calcutta later in the evening.

16. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Just wondering what is the logic of charging non menbers more to shoot?

17. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Encourages them to become members.

18. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Jefferson City, MO United Sportsmen's Club is $45 a year membership. Gets you a gate key for access to rifle(2), pistol(4), blackpowder(1), archery ranges(4) in addition to three trap ranges and two skeet fields. a nice sporting clays range. Also a fishing lake.
    We charge $2.50/round for members, $4.00 for guests (non-members).
    We currently have 1360+ members, most use the ranges very little.
    Have 130 acres close to town. Started in 1959 and are a 501.C7 club, not open to the general public but members can bring guests.
    Well kept and great place to shoot. All run by volunteers.
    Bob

19. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Melba GC in Melba Idaho
    We are a small club started in 1947 so everything is paid for. We chg $4.50 for non members, $4.00 for members and dues are $20. I don't agree with the members price as I think it should be $1.00 less than a non member and we should adjust the dues to maybe $30. However we do a lot for the members such as the New Years shoot it was $2.00 shoots all day, free hot dogs and snacks, free pop and beer. We also have the $2 shoots several times a year. My wife gets our beverages at the beer dist where she works for a song so we actually have a cost of only 10 cents a can so giving it away at a $2 shoot is not hurting us. When we do the $2 shoots and a newbie shows up they always join because it makes it cheaper to shoot and if they shoot ten times as a member it is $20 compared to a non member at $40 so they get their membership free. We have grown our club a lot this way. Every shoot is a meat shoot so every 5 shooters get a $9.00 meat prize and every shoot we have some kind of food free along with the food we sell. One of our Board members has a butcher shop at his farm so we really have good meat prizes at a low cost to the club

20. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Small club in Texas. $175 per year dues. Memeber targets $4.00 per round, non member $6.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how much does it cost to shoot trap at whortlekill