1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cost of white flyer cases

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pjbosh, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjbosh

pjbosh Member

What does a case of white flyer targets cost nowadays? My local club is going to charge 7 dollars per practice round. That would make a case of targets around 34 dollars a case if I did my math right.

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

$7.00 a round sounds about right for a professionally operated and maintained gun club. Start a basic range with donated land, manual traps, all volunteer labor, etc. and you can really cut back on the price of a round. Ron

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

pjbosh ... in your math ... did you figure in insurance, taxes, electricity, water, gas, repairs and other maintenance costs?

4. porky

porky TS Member

I am thankful that I belong to a club that is all volunteer. in upstate NY, the general cost for a round is 3.00 per round. A couple even less, a couple a bit more.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

That maybe going up. White Flyer had a fire at their plant last month. They will be at 25% capacity thru the summer. May see a shortage this year. Dave T.

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Lowery has a good product. Bio orange dome also work well and are less than pitch. Jake

7. skeezix

skeezix Member

We were told 20% plus increase - and don't try to order any White Flyer pitch targets - they can't get pitch.

I think we're at 11.86 or something for the last pitch targets we're able to get.

pjbosh - are your pullers paid? - add that cost into Ahab's list. Groundskeeper?

8. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Our price has been $3.00 per round and will stay at $3.00 per round. We went to Bios and everyone loves them. The cost of Bios went up also and there is no pitch in the Bios, we were told it was the oil used in the paint but the paint is water born. So go figure.

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

We can discuss what each club charges and the cost of targets until the sun goes down.

Every club is different.

One club may pay $2000 in property taxes each year and another $15,000.

One club may have mimimum insurance and another may have $1,000,000 policy and cover club officers.

Paid help or volunteers.

Fuel cost to run lawn mowers and what have you.

A $250 lawnmower or $3000 machine?

Snow removal.

Clay target shooting supporting the rife range or youth shooting?

$30 dues or $250 dues.

50 members or 700 members.

Three fields or 15 fields.

Open two days a week or five.

Number of shooters active each week? Two rounds a week shooters or serious shooters...

And, on an on!

The bottom line, at member run clubs, attend meetings and see what it cost to run a club.

10. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Our club just ordered targets this week and we were told that for pick-up they are 3 weeks out and for delivery they are 5 weeks out,according to our rep targets have went up 3 times this year with the last one less than a month ago,it was also the largest one of about $ 1.00

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The fixxed costs at a club should be paid for with the members dues. This will keep the cost of a round of trap between $2.00 and $3.00. HMB

12. porky

porky TS Member

Where is the pitch supplier that had a fire at it's plant?? There are 3 white flyer manufacturing sites in the U.S.. This problem didn't seem to affect Lawrey at all.

13. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Gamaliel quoted. $10.50 per case if you took a truckload (22 pallets).

Jim Skeel

14. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Just saw 90 count boxes of White Flyers at Walmart in Waukegan Illinois for $7.88. FYI

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Better get them while you can. HMB

16. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

CAC is at $10.00 a case now.

17. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Depends where you're at. Ours was 10.30 and I believe it's higher now.

18. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

A few weeks ago we ordered a full load of White Flyers at $9.65 per case, full trailer truckload. Close to plant and delivering first week of May. Price has definately gone up and so has delivery time. (Last full truck load we bought was $7.75/case.) Our shoot costs will have to increase slightly due to the much bigger target cost after May.

Trapgeek

To HMB: FYI... Our club is more than just shotgun, we have a lot of rifle, cowboy action, pistol, and archery shooters/ranges, too. Therefore the member dues aren't just geered to shotgun shooters and their clay targets, plus the dues were set before the cost of clay targets increased.

19. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

What about when the plant is in fulll gear again. Will the price go back. I doubt it. Seems if you was going to start a new business such as the manufacture of claybirds that you would have to come up with all the money your self. Since you don't already have customers to overcharge to pay for you business equipment.But if you already have a customer base all you just need to do is raise price to let the shooter pay for it so as not to use your own profits.
    I was think about starting a minimart and start charging the customers first untill i have enough money to build the building and stock the store with all the food and fill the tanks in the ground with gas.Then if I am lucky part of the place will burn down so I can collect insurance to rebuild. Plus charge the customes more with the excuse that my part of my business burnt and need to repay for the loss and rebuild first. Pocket the insurance money.
    The only thing that is going on is the business is still making up cost for nonproduction while your rebuilding. Wild Bill

20. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Trapgeek, I said the fixxed costs should be paid with member dues. The cost of targets is a different expense and should be reflected in the price charged per round of trap, skeet, or sporting clays. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

white flyer price

white flyer targets truckload pricing

white flyer tatgets cost of truck load