1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of stripping a receiver?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 7771, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7771

7771 Active Member

How much would it cost to strip the black finish off of an older Beretta S682X receiver? i dont know what this finish is called but i know you can strip it from the receiver.
    Thanks Tom

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The older 682X has Beretta's exclusive Bruniton finish, same as the original 92F pistol.

3. 7771

7771 Active Member

do you know of anyone that can strip that off?

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Some of the older 682s had some kind of sprayed-on finish, that can just be polished off. Below this finish is a chrome plated receiver that can be left just as it is.

Doug

5. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Don't know if this would work, but I have stripped a couple of Remington 1100 receivers using 0000 steel wool and Birchwood Casey Bluing and Rust Remover. Then took the receiver to a gunsmith who buffed it out for $25. The Beretta finish may be much harder to remove. Regards, Ed

6. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I have blasted it with armor and hammer baking soda and they look great, the models I did where 682x receivers. Ronnie

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

In 26 years, I have worn most of the finish off my 682X receiver. I hope you get a good answer so I can get the rest of my finish off. I can't imagine what it would be except dynamite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.