1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cost of shells at dixie grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dkarre, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkarre

dkarre TS Member

I am considering going down to the Dixie Grand in florida again this year and was curious what shells cost at the clubhouse. Im debating on if I want to bring down my reloads or just buy at the clubhouse so its one less thing I got to bring along.
    have a happy new years!

Thanks Derek

2. TjayE

TjayE Member

Bring your reloads

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Bring your reloads wherever you go. You're not in Kansas any more.

4. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Oh, but freight costs more on ammo to Florida, just like targets. Yeah, right! Locally it is known as "Stick It To The Tourist!"

5. Gunnerx11

Gunnerx11 TS Member

At $38.00 a hundred for targets, plus shells, maybe playing Golf across the
    street would be a wise choice. But than, that $38.00 dollars allows you to
    shoot for prize Ceramic Trophy.

Gunnerx11

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

All you have to do is go to the Silver Dollar website and look at the prices. They are not any higher than other places and, compared to local stores like Dick's, cheaper.

I am not sure if the Dollar gives member prices to everyone at the large shoots or not. They do give membership prices for practice.

You could also call them, get it straight from them rather than from posters here who may or may not know what they are talking about.

Bob

7. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

$38 dollar targets win this type of trophy.

8. dkarre

dkarre TS Member

I dont understand why people are complaining so much about the dollar, I went there for the first time during the dixie grand last year and had such a good time im going again. People constantly complain about te cost of targets but they are about the same anywhere else someone goes to shoot. Yeah I remember paying 15 dollars per hundred of registered targets but those days are over with. As far as awards go if your whole point of shooting is to win a fancy or shiny award then you have missed the whole point of the sport.

Derek

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I believe the ATA is responsible for the trophy packages at the Dixie and Southern Grands. Pass your praise on trophys to them. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.