1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of Reloading

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cabman, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabman

cabman TS Member

I haven't been reloading for several years and still have the equipment. Got away from it when the bargain brands came in the market.

Currently I am buying Rio's for $58-62. for 10 boxes. can't always get the load I want so it's frustrating. My Buddies that still reload aren't able to come up with a realistic number for comparison.

What is the current cost for reloading with AA- clays-1 oz-1300 fps?

Thanks in advance for your response....

Cabman

2. cabman

cabman TS Member

I haven't been reloading for several years and still have the equipment. Got away from it when the bargain brands came in the market.

Currently I am buying Rio's for $58-62. for 10 boxes. can't always get the load I want so it's frustrating. My Buddies that still reload aren't able to come up with a realistic number for comparison.

Cabman

3. cabman

cabman TS Member

Cabman

4. greg2648

greg2648 Member

I can reload 1 1/8oz loads for just under $4 a box. Greg.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Cabman- Your cost could be different from my cost. It depends on what you pay for components. Usually you can save a couple of $ per box and easily produce a superior shells.

Pat Ireland

6. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Check out the reloading cost calculator on this website:

http://www.trapshooters.com/calculators.cfm

Go to home page of Trapshooters.com and scroll down to find it.

It will help give you the answers you are looking for.

Allen

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I bought all my latest components this past Sept. at our fall team shoot. With shot, powder, primers & wads my 1oz loads are $3.23/box and my 1 1/8oz are $3.50, These are made with Claydot and Greendot powder, STS shot, DR wads and Fiocchi primers.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

jbmi's numbers are right on the money. Mine are the same as above. But you have to remember that you will need to spend in excess of $500 to buy in the bulk that you will need to get started again for the savings. 8 pounds powder @ $100, 5000 wads @ $75, 5000 primers @ $110 (generic type), Shots @ about $30 (bought mine at $25)a bag and rising, I get everything I need for the year at one time if possible. So $300 plus (10 bags plus) on shot. So that $585 plus for whats shown. So stack that against what you can buy economy loads at. Only you can find out what components will cost you in your area. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Thats in line with what my 1oz reloads cost $3.26 per box. But shot and primers are steadly climbing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.