1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of primers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I was at a flea market with my wife yesterday and there was a vendor selling shooting and fishing gear. His price on Win. 209's was $32 per thousand, and on rifle primers $28 per thousand. I did not buy any. Were those prices reasonable? He told me he would be there next week. Bulge.

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I buy WW 209s for under $30/K. I guess "reasonable" depends on what you have to pay for them at retail.

MK

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Sounds high to me and especially at a flea market !!!! I have bought Hundreds of dollars worth of components for $20

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Remember ... flea market prices are always negotiatable.

5. slodsm

slodsm Member

Sounds a bit high to me too. I believe they are 29 bucks a thousand where I get mine.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hi Bulge,

I buy Winchester 209's for just under $30 a thousand, when I buy 5,000 or more. $32 sounds ok for just one thousand. $28 per thousand for Winchester on rifle primers is also in the ballpark. The LR Magnums might be a buck or two more.

Mash the link above for an idea of what a lowball price would be. This outfit is in Ebensburg PA and well worth the trip, if you are not far. They have limited hours and do not take plastic. It's also best to call ahead to be sure they have what you want.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bulge, Just looked at Gamaliel's prices on your stuff. Large & Small pistol and rifle primers are $27.50 for Winchesters and one dollar less for Remington's. Shotgun primers from them run $34.00 a thousand for both Rem. and Win. as well. I also have to pay for sales tax on there stuff as well. So you can go from there. If you buy 5000 cases on any of these primers you will get the price down, but the prices I posted on are if you buy in 1000 at a time. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I bought 5k cheddites for $125 at the Grand yesterday.

9. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I have been using Fiocchi shotshell primers for winchester application for several years with excellent results. The ones I'm using now were $89.00 for 5,000. At The Ohio State Cardinal shooting center they were $104.00 + tax. Works for me. Clyde Doll

10. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

I also use fiocchi primers and have never had a problem I bought 5000 last year and have used 3500,with no malfunctions,If I remember right, they were $104 per 5000 +15 hazmat

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Whether you can use foreign primers like Cheddite and Fiocchi may depend on the gun you want to shoot them from. I burned up a lot of bottom firing pins in Browning XTs trying to use them. Punch a hole in one or two from a box of shells and your firing pin is junk by the end of a 100 target event. I finally accepted that it was costing me more to use low cost euro-primers and replace pins than to use Winchester, Federal and CCI primers in the first place.

MK

12. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

Guys, where do you get fiocchi for $104 plus hazmat? Peter

13. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Rio. 107.00/5k

Richland shooters supply. Richland PA

14. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I just bought 20,000 Fiochi primers from Recobs for $558.94 shipped with haz-mat fee to San Antonio. That comes to $139.74 per 5,000. I have used about 40,000 without any problems. Ron

15. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

sono man, Vendors at Ohio State shoot--Cardinal had them for $104. + tax. Cardinal shoots again Aug. 18---22. Clyde Doll

16. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Bulge I would have bought them, no shipping, no hazmat, and probably no tax. And if you bought all he had you might have even got them for less. So many people forget to add shipping, hazmat, tax, and gasoline when they brag how cheeep they buy primers. Present company excepted of course.

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

SBE, you are right. No tax, no hazmet and no shipping. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.