1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of opening choke in guns, pump or double

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Murphy, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy

Murphy Member

What is the approximate cost to open the choke on a gun and is it different for a pump than a double?

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Briley charges $95 per barrel, plus $25 for return shipping.

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Mike Orlen in Massachusetts will do a top quality job at about half the price Briley charges. I don't have his phone number, but the above link will connect you to his email address.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Absolutely send it to a very good barrel person. Opening the choke is quite simple. Opening the choke the correct amount and maintaining the correct point of impact is not so simple.

Pat Ireland

5. Easystreet

Here is a price list and contact info for Mike Orlen.

6. Easystreet

Maybe this one will work better.

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I had Wright's Inc. open both barrels on my 3200 from f & mod. to imp. mod & lt. mod. $95 ea. They did a nice job and quick turn-a-round.

8. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Send your gun to Tom Wilkinson, he is excellant when it comes to barrel dynamics. Hope this helps, Roy

9. guncase

guncase TS Member

opening the choke is not rocket science!!! you just need to decide what you are going to shoot with it, and do it!! I have done many. I generally start with a little and have the owner shoot it a while. Pattern it and then make it whatever. You can always take out more,,,, putting it back in is a problem!! I have an extension that allows me to ream it fron the chamber end,, guided by o-rings in the bore. I never have one "go astray" usual cost,,,, around $50.00. per barrel. includes polishing . Paul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.