1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost Of Maintenance Of A K-80????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

When you buy a K-80 new what is the maintenance there after through the years? Cleaning, repair and rebuilding?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bring it in for service every 20 years. HMB

3. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

$225 every 3-4 years-about 30-40K rounds OR about $50/year. This is based on 20 years w/ K80's and about 3-4 competition guns.They replace everything needing replacing and reset the trigger's to whatever you want. I have had ZERO problems w/any of the guns I've owned.They are very exact, they will do exactly what they say they will do and when they say they will do it.

The only problem w/ their service is that they are very rigid when it comes to doing things their way( I think it's a German thing). for example, they will NOT back bore or make any barrel mods because that would violate the mother country proof stamps, they will NOT set the trigger pull outside of their factory specs.They will only renickle/case harden in Germany.

Just one guy's experiance.

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

same answer as for Perazzi question

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

blackfoot, I believe the Germans teach their technicians there is only one way-the Krieghoff way. Try and go outside the established boundries and you're often met with clueless looks. Trying to get Matt to bend (straighten) an unsingle barrel a few weeks ago was a real test. When I mentioned the barrel straightener at the factory in Germany it quickly dawned on him and mission was accomplished. Getting Norbert (ex-technician) to increase a release set was met with equal resistance but once he got into it all was accomplished. There can be communication issues at times but with Don's help they're always solved. These guys are good!!

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have 3 k-guns---Never been back for anything---Everyone that don't have one is always bashing---If you can't afford a K-gun try a P-gun or some other---
    I don't think Krieghoff will be going out of business---The reason the other countries are going to P-guns is price and I'm sure they do the job---Its the old story---My Ford will get you anyware your Cadillac will. There are those who have and those who wish they had---If you can't shoot a K-gun best you try another---JMO---SJB---
    southjblue_2008_0303320.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303321.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303322.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303323.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303324.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303325.jpg

Not too many P-guns look like these but lets see them----JMO---SJB---

7. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

If I buy a older K 80 I usually do a annual and forget about it after that. I have a friend who shot a K32 780K rounds Finally broke a spring.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Another dumb thread stirring the K pot. If you have to ask, you don't need to know.

Don

9. Auctioneer

Bigdon, what threads have you started? None? Gee I wonder why?

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Because old literate one I have better things to do then ask dumb questions for entertainment.

Don

11. Auctioneer

If you think this thread is so dumb then why are you posting on here?

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Just so that you know it's dumb.

Don

13. Auctioneer

As always not man enough to really answer the question.

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

I had the "annual" done after about 25,000 rounds.

It should not be called an "annual". Seems to me the number of cycles (rounds) is more important.

Don Verna

15. Auctioneer

DVerna, how much was your annual?

16. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Auctioneer,

My two buddies run about 10K rounds a year through theirs. They send them in every couple of years to get looked over. Between the shipping, w/insurance, and the work, they spend about $400 each.

ss

17. Bertmuss

Bertmuss Member

Just sent my older K80 in for service after 9 yrs. and 50k rounds. Bottom hammer spring getting weak. RM

18. Auctioneer

Up for the person who is asking.

19. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Do these fancy guns make you look better when you miss? OT

20. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

So far $0.00. I've owned my K-80 for 4 years and am up near 20K in rounds. Recently starting to double on me with either barrel in. Now I took it apart , cleaned and lightly oiled it. Maybe that caused the problem. I since recleaned and assembled it dry. Haven't shot it to see if that fixed it.
    1oldtimer: yes I do. But it's the wrath afterwards I get about how "I wasted my money, an 870 just beat you",you know how much supplies you could have bought instead" BLA BLA, BLA Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.