1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of Factory Ammo at The Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fox32, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox32

Fox32 Member

How much do you think (guess) shells should be since factory ammo will be mandatory at Sparta? How much is to much?

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

About 8.00 a box. My quess.

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Enough to hurt you but not enough to make you bleed.

4. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

The stores in my area are selling AA STS for $8.99 I'm guessing an added
    $32.00 per hundred.

5. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

$4.50

jim brown

6. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I guess 7.50 to 8.00 for AA

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ten Bucks?

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Is there any reason why the cheaper steel base shells can not be sold for Singles and Doubles ??

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

miketmx,
    Tooling up to make them is the downside.

How many variations is a manufacturer willing to produce before they decide it is not cost effective.

Don Verna

10. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Remington, for one, already makes a steel-headed target shotshell: the Gun Club.
    It's possible that these will be available along with the STS-grade ammo at the Grand. How much do you want to spend, and how much do you think you need the premium ammo??

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Grand American has always been shot with new shells up to a few years ago, so thats not anything new ... The timing is probably not in the ATA's best interest but that remains to be seen and until the numbers are in its purely speculation if it will be a success or failure for the ATA and the membership ... I do not know and have not heard anything for sure of who wants to reintroduce the new shell rule but can tell you that the ATA gave up a bunch when they gave up the use of new shells only for the Grand American Championships ... The economy being what it is will not effect the well heeled and certain others will find a way to attend no matter what, based on the "Grand Prize Donation" made by Bill and LeAnn Martin ... Rules are rules and sometime when you relax them just a bit people like it and readily adapt to it more so than some other rule changes, which seems to be the case with the new shell rule at the Grand American in 2010 ... This will be interesting because if the rule was never relaxed in the first place it wouldn't be an issue at all ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Fox32

Fox32 Member

The last Grand I remember where shells were mandatory they were $24.00. I think $28-$30 would be reasonable. Well said WPT, also what does YAC mean?

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"Your Arizona Connection" ... (YAC) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why don't you wait until things are finalized before you start all the worrying, whining and making it a bigger deal than it is.

Don

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

WPT,,,,I thought it meant, "You're All Crazy"....:D

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The "Bad News": Entry fees and ammo for a 100 bird event will be $75.00.

The "Good News": The Sparta Budget Inn has inexpensive rooms.

Curt

17. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I have no idea if it is possible or not because I don't know the mark-up cost of factory ammo, but if the Grand could somehow sell new factory ammo for $5.00 a box, it would make them look like heros!

If the Grand sells their ammo for a considerable amount more than Sparta Walmart,
    the Grand will look like money hungry thieves!

We will have to wait and see.

Mark

18. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Well believe it or not, if they did that you would hear less complaints as long as no shells were sold at the shell house for any reason.

19. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

Some food for thought. I realize that this is 2010, but I found a "Grand" program from 2005, it had " targets & shooters service $23.00, Shells (compulsory) $25.00." If my memory serves me correctly, back then, shell companys were contracted by the ATA to manufacture Grand shells shortly after the begining of the new year. I guess maybe only the Executive Committee can comment on this. 31 year GRAND attendee.

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The big three of ammo should step up and offer some deals, promote and support the sport that supports them. Once a year throw a dog a bone. (not just a big dog}.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.