1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of components in your area

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

There seems to be a great deal of difference in the cost of components in various sections of the country. I think it would be great, if we all listed what we are currently paying & what big city or town we are near. If we can get the cost of shooting down, it may help others who are finding it difficult to shoot in this economic eviroment.

Lou

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Lou... Mash on the above link. This is where I buy all my components....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Local components are very high here in the Boise area. Last time I checked at Sportsmans Warehouse, a box of 1000 W209 primers was $41.99. Powder was off the charts. Aside from lead (which I've been able to get home made for $17.50), I've been ordering everything from Grafs. They ship large orders such as 5000 wads only for a $4.95 handling charge. Even with the hazmat fee, and because of their virtually free shipping, I can get powder and primers cheaper from them than anybody locally here. And I've been very happy with their customer service either over the phone or via email, including the fact that they pack things well, like they actually care.

Jennifer

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Powder Valley Inc. has Wolf 209 Primers for $98/5000. Their powders, as well as their shipping costs are quite reasonable also. They are in Kansas. AndyH

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Better stock up on those wolf primers for $98/5000 now. They won't be there at that price for much longer. They just went from $73.75/5000 to $92.00/5000 wholesale. Do the math and figure out what resale is going up to. Cheddites used to be the great buy in primers. They are now $110+ in my area.

Jeff

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I second Graf's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.