1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of a Fitted stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Longhorn, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

I'm considering saving to have a stock made for me at Wenigs. Can you give me a ballpark idea of the cost of fitting an making, plus finishing, a medium fancy custom stock? I know, my kids are going to sacrifice but if Dad's not happy, nobody's happy.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

At wenig's I had a semi custom stock made for my Remington 1100 a few years ago and it cost me @ $600.
    I suspect it's more today.
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. 7bcshooter

7bcshooter Member

Wenigs gave me a price to duplicate a stock and forearm for my SKB 85TSS of about $1800 using a select grade of walnut. If you're just doing a stock, it would surely be considerably cheaper. You might want to consider one of Wenigs American trap stocks. They have them premade for several different guns and might be cheaper than having a stock made. They have a good description, and all the measurements for them on their website.

4. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I talked to the a week or so ago with select maple wood looked to be about $2500 $1500 wood,$695 fitting and then a few extra's

5. Twixter

Twixter Member

4evryoung
    Don't count Dennis Devault out. H's not cheap but does excellet work. You'll be happy with the stock when its done. Look for Devault Industries of Ohio.
    Mick McGinley

6. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I thought about them but that is a long drive for the fitting at least Missouri is only about 8 hours

7. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Dennis travels around doing clinics. Maybe you can arrange to meet the day before and get fitted. Shotshell had one done like that.

I was going suggest you fit yourself, but it's alot of work. The hardest part is knowing when you have a fit problem versus a shooter problem. That's why it's great to get a fitting before the clinic. Sign up for the clinic as well and you should be good to go.

I basically did this myself with a year between the fitting and the clinic. Dennis had never seen me shoot the finished product, so he did a little tweak of the comb at the clinic, set my choke, poi and hold point. I'm a happy customer, I just like fiddling with stock fit myself. Maybe you've seen my thread...

8. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

not sure about wenig but dennis made me a stock, fit like a glove.

total cost was just shy of 3 grand after wood and everything

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

Check out kolar Jeff Mainland does great work. Fitting and stock prices are on the site. I flew from mass to Kolar $135.00 in october stayed 2 days went shooting at nite at a local club and had a great time the process is great.

Bob S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.