1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cost of a Background Check?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by stilltrying, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

What is the real cost of a background check? One place charged me $25 to transfer a weapon another told me it is five dollars. Is there any truth to the rumor that the Politicians wanted to use money collected from background checks to fund Obama Care?

2. redfin

redfin TS Member

my last pistol,my town cops charged 18 bucks,but the gun shop charged 35 when i bought one. joseph

3. johnboy

johnboy Member

A friend, who has an FFL, charges me ten dollars which is his cost.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ten bucks here.

HM

5. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

If you want background checks it should be FOR EVERY MUSLIM that wants to enter this country! Profile my A$$, these guys are out to kill us and Obama gives Saudia's a free pass as a "trusted traveler" status!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/20/decision-to-extend-trusted-traveler-program-to-saudi-scrutinized/

How stupid are we!!

6. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

The main cost is another loss of your personal freedoms---

I got this notice from the NMLRA

senator lautenberg is going to introduce a bill That will cause a federal registration of ANY purchase of Black Powder---of course the"IT DOESNT AFFECT ME"crowd will chime in with "SO WHAT"?---

As I shoot BP trap,BP rifle,BP ctg matches I use a LOT of BP----probably as much or more than some of the smokless powder loader/reloaders--

MY OPINION---BP registration will only be the first step in a federal registry of ALL reloading components.

Tom,aka tallend

7. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Back in the 1960's anyone purchasing ANY gun powder in NY State had to have a "Powder Permit". Cost $.50 for a year...50 cents

That was a registration but non of us felt anything unusual back then.

They did away with those Powder permits long ago.

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

A NICS background check cost the FFL holder....nothing! Standard dealer charges for a NICS check if he did not sell the gun is $25 per check. That's what I charged 5 years ago and most dealers in my area charges.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.