1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cost breaks for ohio sub jr. & jr.shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OHIO GUNNER, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OHIO GUNNER

OHIO GUNNER TS Member

WHY DOES OHIO CHARGE JR.& SUB JR. SHOOTERS FULL PRICE AT THE MARENGO SHOOTS? EVERY PLACE ELSE, EVEN THE GRAND,GIVE THE KIDS A BREAK BUT NOT OHIO. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Step up, make a big donation and have them earmark the funds for youth shooters. If you give enough, the junior targets should be free. I'm sure you are not the type to wait for some one else to put up. I can tell you're a put up or shut up kinda guy. Let me know when you make the donation, I'll put together a busload. Thanks in advance for your generocity. You're quite a guy!!

Bob

3. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

This is just a suggestion. Maybe you are already doing this but the young shooters (with their parents support) need to remember to give back too. We have 2 daughters that shoot with their SCTP team and also participate in the register shoots. Our oldest daughter(14 years old) works as a score keeper at our home club. She is well liked and respected by the members, and that didn't come by accident. Don't get me wrong, she is a typical teenager and has to be reminded about her manners, but she appreciates and respects what they do for her. The members recognize the value of youth, and bend over backwards to do all that they can to support them. Our club throws free targets for the team to practice, they hold raffles, and do many more things to support these young shooters. I feel that the more young shooters do for their members, and fellow shooters, the more clubs will do to offer them more in the future.

4. dws

dws TS Member

what busters's mom said !

5. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Thank you, dws! There are too many kids(and parents)out there that have the "What have you done for me lately attitude." I blame the parents for not setting the proper examples and insist that the kids work for what they want. These are the same parents that bring their kids up for the free targets, and then leave quickly before it is time to clean up the trap fields of discarded shell casings. At our zone shoot two weeks ago, our 8 year old( who doesn't even shoot) saw the trap help at Cardinal start cleaning up. Well guess what, the next thing I knew, she was out there cleaning up with them and no one had to tell her and she didn't expect a thing. They didn't have to do this, but they gave her a couple of dollars and Thanked her. "That's what I'm talking about!"

6. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Tic,

Is that a good thing? I hate to see some of these kids get a bad rap. There are just too many prima donnas out there and they give clubs and their members a reason not to support the youth. Can you blame them?

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Practice targets for the Tn State SCTP shoot is seven something a round. (sigh)

8. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Shooting Coach

We are very lucky and grateful for what our club does for our kids. We practice every Sunday and have 30+ kids on the team. They each shoot at least a 100 targets for practice. This is a small club in Northern Ohio, and we realize that they don't have to do this for the kids. That is why we make sure that the kids clean up and give back to show their appreciation. We also enccourage all the new families and kids to become members. That way we hope to keep our club around. There are too few places to shoot in this area and many of the old clubs are gone. We don't want to see that happen to us.

9. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Buster's Mom

You are a class act raising kids that are also a class act. I applaud you and yours.

Bob

10. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Primed

Thank you for the kind words. By no means are our girls little angels, but they do make us proud. Raising good kids in this day and age is no picnic. Too many bad influences and stereo types. You just say "NO!" alot and help them make good choices.

11. Shooting Coach

The club I call home is there for the kids. There are many volunteers that give time and money for them. I am one of many that donate time and resources to a club that is owned and operated by noble folks for a noble purpose. This club is Big Springs Clay Targets in Middle Tennessee. Big Springs had, at one time, the largest SCTP in the nation, and is still host to one of the largest.

The next generation of shooters and champions is paramount in keeping our sport alive. The good old boy gun club network of ego maniacs running off kids is killing the sport at many clubs and killing the clubs as well. Those that survive will have their priorities straight. Those that fold will not be missed.

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

OH GOOD GAWD ... do we not do enough for your sniveling kids already? Do we not put money into the tax base to pay for the lousy schooling they get? Do we not already help support them by letting you declare them as a tax break with the IRS? Do we not do other things as citizens of the United States of America for your good for nothing brats and you now want us as trapshooters to automatically give them 1/2 price targets everywhere they wish to shoot?

Get off your ass Ohio Gunner, begin paying full share and quit asking us to pay for a lifetime of support for your 8 seconds of profound enjoyment so many years ago.

13. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Wow, Lumper, it must really suck to be you. Are you always that mad? Maybe you should see if you could find a little of the 8 seconds of enjoyment. I sure hope you are not calling my daughter a good for nothing brat, if you did to my face, you might never ever have another good eight seconds. BTW, I hope you are not getting any of the senior discounts. Most of them no longer work or contribute to society, so maybe we should cut them off too??? NOT

14. Shooting Coach

I would submit that miserable creatures like Lumper are part of the problem with ATA and will never be part of the solution. The ATA is stuck in a rut of outdated business practices and truly Amateur leadership. But, go ahead and run the kids off, cause them to want to go where they are welcome. The oldsters can support their clubs with the paltry rounds they can shoot because of age or infirmity. I am sure they will remember the clubs they ruined in their wills.

Hose the kids and their parents while you can and you will be whining when your club closes. We will not miss you or your club. There are many other places families can go where they and their children are welome.

BTW, I always ask for the Senior discount, if it is not offered. It usually is. (sigh)

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

At our club near Smithfield, ILL. we used to have a group of FFA kids come over. We let them shoot at break even prices. They don't come back now-gas prices-shell prices? Whatever! They were always good to have around. One year we sponsored a youth shoot and we asked the members to bring a gun to loan and a case of shells. Guess what? I was the only one to bring any equipment and besides providing three cases of reloads I bought a few more from the club for them. We've had a few FFA kids come back since but I have never since volunteered any ammo or guns to use. I'm of the opinion that most clubs are supported by about two percent of the membership. I hope I change my mindset sometime!

16. TrapHelp91

TrapHelp91 TS Member

I ,myself, am a Junior shooter. Although I cannot join the ATA due to money problems I still work at my local gun club and have a lot of fun doing it. Being polite is my main priority, when scoring and loading my trap I try to have the best possible targets for the people shooting. I enjoy shooting trap and I think I am quiet good at it so I like to keep targets to my liking and to other people's likings too.
    Any help a junior shooter can get is great, it makes a junior feel like they aren't just nothing.

17. Shooting Coach

Kudos for K-80 GUY.

Real men help youngsters.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

TrapHelp91; If you are for real and post your email for Jon, and join the ATA, I will pay the entry into your first event along with 4 boxes of shells. I would ask that you let me know the date and club where you would shoot and I would send them a check.

Shooting needs more polite and concerned young people.

Don

19. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Very nice, Don and K-80 GUY.

20. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Tic

No, I didn't take offense to what you said. We just got back from a weekend of fun shooting at Cardinal. Our daughters shot their best scores to date and we had a great time. Unfortunately some bad kids may spoil it for the good kids again. Evidently some kids late in the evening vandalized the pool. Once again, where are the parents? Hopefully someone will come forward, and do the right thing. What a shame!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.