1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Corporate contributions to political parties

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Attached link provides latest update (7/12/2012) on contributions made by top 100 sources as provided by FEC.

No surprises here as to where corporations, unions and investment firms sent their money.

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

To bad they don't do a comparison from the last election.

As I understand it, a major shift in a number of companies that gave heavily to the Obama the last time, this time giving to Republicans.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that Berkshire Hathaway gave 66% to the Republicans. Not surprising that the American Federation of Teachers gave 100% to the Democrats. Another surprise was the AFL-CIO at 30% to the Republicans.

The union I belong to was the highest individual union to give to the Republicans at 19%. Unless I missed someone it was also the higherst among the Building trades unions. I wish it was a little higher. We do support ANY politician at all levels that supports infrastructure legislation.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

ya all noticed the "ones" who gave close to the 50/50 spread??

As I was told by one of those, that I called them on their giving to the side that would "harm" them. Their response was," yes, but in a couple of years it might change and we need "support" of whoever is in power"!!

If your sitting on the fence, your not STANDING!

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

what are outside spending groups?

6. TF

TF Active Member

Aeorspace workers union 98/2 to democrats? Guess they really don't mind the direction NASA is headed. I betcha their unemployed members in Florida would have another opinion.

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Big corporations donate to both parties. GE has their political contributions listed on their website. They gave to both Democrats and Republicans. I know that's a hard thing for some on here to swallow, it may even make their brains start billowing smoke out of their ears.

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly what it shows on the link I posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

corporate contributions to political parties