1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cornhusker National Trap Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tachyon, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tachyon

tachyon Member

The Cornhusker Nationals Trapshoot started in 1970 as a dual meet between Norfolk NE Community College and Chadron State College. In 1973, it was expanded to include high school shooters. Since the mid 70's, Nebraska Game and Parks has been instrumental in the structure of the shoot. In 2012, it had more than 2,000 participants.

I have started to accumulate data for each of the shoots and put them in a website.
    http://www.cornhuskerhistory.org/

At this point it is data intensive with a lot of holes. It is also picture poor. If you have any information, pictures, stores to share about this shoot please pm me or email me at:
    besser at omahamarian.org

Thanks

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i wud start at the ground level- conferance coaches http://www.shootectc.org/ contacting glen henshaw, lincoln trap club might be helpful as well-- ricky marshall is a past multiple year winner in his highschool days -he may have some info --- great shoot -WELL RUN- lots of volunteers who dont even seem to be trapshooters themselves--my hats off to nebraska game & parks !!!! wally and tabor riebesell rock port mo

3. tachyon

tachyon Member

Thanks Wally, I have contacted Gayle Hanshaw and all of the coaches in the ECTC. I will try to follow up with Ricky Marshall.

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

the neb game and parks actually sponsor the shoot as i know we've had contact with them on scheduling !-- you know, guns unlimited wud be a good source also-they are always there and know everyone

5. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

More often than not the weather is not good for this shoot, but one of the most amazing things is, the kids are having fun shooting, they don't care. You seldom hear any complaints from the kids.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Somebody help me out here. What is the name of the person that started this whole thing. I started a high school trap team in 1974. I have since destroyed all of my records and for the life of me can't remember his name. Any how, this is one person I would contact for sure. I know someone will remember his name and I will kick myself for not knowing. Does Wells ring a bell with anyone? Dave Wells??

Steve

7. JJM

JJM Member

I am sure his name was Dave Wells and he lived in or close to Norfolk, NE.
    Joe Miller

8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave TS Member

Jim Carlisle, who was a student at Chadron State College, was involved in shooting trap at the range in Chadron. He was shooting some pretty good scores with his college buddies and approached Larry Burk who managed the club about a challenge to some of his buddies going to the other mentioned school. I don't remember the outcome of this particular shoot, but Jim and Larry were lasting friends and often talked about those days. Dave Kennedy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2012 cornhusker trap shoot

cornhusker national invitation trap meet
cornhusker trap shoot 2012
national trap shoot nebraska
shootectc rules