1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cornhusker kickback for healthcare vote

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

FOUR days after Nelson voted in favor of the health care bill the DNC sent $459,000 to the Nebraska Democratic Party. Then sent another $20,000 three days later.

Their sense of timing is not too good....

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

How many other "pay offs" happened that we the people will never know about, because of back room deals.

Remember, when thay start talking about needed stimulus, this is really a slush fund for future elections.

I would like to hear from anyone here that is working for a company that received stimulus money and if they hired additional employees!

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

That crap should be illegal....or is it?

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Vote the S.O.B. out!!!!

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thank you for keeping us informed. We appreciate it.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

recurvy,,,,we just have to remember and be informed this fall,,,,the days of congress getting away with all the stuff they have been doing to our country is criminal,,,,and I mean BOTH sides of the aisle as well....I have, in the past, not gotten too involved in politics,,,,I mean I voted and sent in money here and there, but I have grandkids now and what is being done to them is WRONG!!!!!!!!!

How any parent or grandparent can "justify" STEALING their futures is just kidding themselves or are just a ME, ME, ME type of person. We have let these thieves get away with too much. Moody's, the bond rating company, came out with some really enlightening news today regarding our credit rating; SS is broke and the unemployment numbers have been skewed.....luckily, I and my clients have left the equity markets quite some time ago, but I know so many that are really having to rethink their retirement plans and they shouldn't have had to do this....

I will be looking at other races outside my local ones,,,,the ones that have the right person in a winning situation will have my monetary support go to the other close races,,,,i.e. MA to defeat Fwank, NV to defeat Reid, PA to get spectre out, Dodd pulled himself, LA to get landrieu etc.

7. tachyon

tachyon Member

Ben sold his vote for $60 million dollars. The Cornhusker Kickback would require the federal government to subsidize Nebraska Medicaid. The other states would pay for Nebraska's expenses in this program.

The half million was sent by the DNC to Nebraska to pay for a barrage of ads to justify his position. A dentist in a white coat represented all the "doctors" in Nebraska to praise him for his great judgement.

When the bill got to committee and the house democrats complained, Ben went to the leaders of the party and had the kickback removed. He sold his vote for 30 pieces of silver then gave back the silver.

The irony is that all the ads the dems paid for were supporting his ability to get a special deal for Nebraska which everyone knew did not happen.

Some history. Ben is an insurance executive turned politician. He gained his senate seat in 2000 when the dem poured money into Nebraska. He spent 50% more than his opponent (more than a million more than his opponent). He won by less than one percent of the vote. He was considered to be a conservative democrat and his approval ratings were pretty high. His approval here was almost 77% before he took the health care bribe. Now his approval is 40%. After the $500,000 in TV ads supporting him (paid for by all of you democrats in other states) his support is still dropping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.