1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Corey Cogdell wins women's trap-shooting gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Cogdell wins gold

- Anchorage Daily News -

Eagle River Olympic bronze medalist Corey Cogdell won a gold medal Friday in Tucson, Ariz., the first women's trap-shooting gold of the International Shooting Sports Federation World Cup season.

Cogdell, 25, needed to rally in the late stages of competition, surviving a five-person shoot-off to reach the final round, where she shot from the fifth position. She was nearly perfect in the final, dropping just one target to finish with 94 total targets.

"I've been training a lot and spending time in Tucson to prepare for this match," said Cogdell in a press release. "It was a great start for the year -- especially on American soil, and will propel my confidence headed into the U.S. Olympic Team Trials for shotgun in May."

Cogdell last won a World Cup medal in the 2010 ISSF World Cup in Acapulco.

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D42h9G1yfG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

WAY TO GO COREY!

Awesome achievement!

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Her Dad is a great guy and raised his girls in Eagle River,Alaska.They are very nice people to talk and have around the range.

Ben Olsen

Her mother would be proud,RIP

5. mtneer88

mtneer88 Member

I had the honor of meeting her at an event that my company was sponsoring. She was absolutely amazing with the kids and brought all of her medals to show the young shooters and even let them wear the medals when they took pictures with her. She is a class act all the way and an amazing shot.

You really could not pick a better ambassador for both the U.S. and the clays shooting sports. I hope that she gets a gold!!! What a great lady!!

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Krieghoff shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.