1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cordray recess appointment

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by shootinghero, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootinghero

shootinghero TS Member

Dodd Frank provides that the CFPB director must be appointed by the President, confirmed by the Senate. Senate Republicans have used the Senate rules to prevent a vote for a director that whose actions and budget are not subject to congressional oversight, the first American Gauleiter. Obama is now going to make a recess appointment, despite the fact the Senate is not in recess. This executive order is justified by Obama's statement:

“I refuse to take ‘No’ for an answer. I’ve said before that I will continue to look for every opportunity to work with Congress to move this country forward. But when Congress refuses to act in a way that hurts our economy and puts people at risk, I have an obligation as president to do what I can without them,”

While people on this forum contemplate their navels (That means you, Brian) we should be dedicating our efforts to stopping Obama. The only candidate with a real chance is Romney. Wake up and lets get the Anti-Obama elected. Otherwise, executive orders on gun control are assured.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If congress had the balls they would apeal the apointment in court and would have Cordray booted out.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

shootinghero............Do you know what Romney's anti-gun stance's are? I think our best chance is Santorum at the moment. While we are at it, why is Romney refusing to release his financial records? Remind you of a birth certificate ordeal a few years ago?

We had a record Republican turnout at the Iowa Caucus's this year. Lets hope the rest of the States primaries have same record turnouts.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The Emperor does not need Congress!

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Obama is doing so much behind closed doors and in the dark that if we knew half of what was going on there'd be complete civil revolt. They've been forcing the immigration service to approve citizenship even if there's evidence of fraud, criminal activity or questionable national security risks. This has all been going on since last September. Process agents who don't meet the dictators "minimum" amount of approved applications are being re-assigned.
    (source: Drudge Report)

At this point I'd vote for anyone who could defeat Obama. Although I don't currently think it's Romney.

6. The Stive

The Stive Member

Just what we need another government agency with a czar. Obamy has to go!! John

7. daddiooo

Not only did Barry appoint Cordray, he appointed 3 new "unnamed" members to the NLRB. (National Labor Relations Board) According to the press "the Unions were elated." I'm sure that pretty well stacks the deck.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

is this the romney you want so badly for us to support????

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qyp2QIGejq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. bigdogtx

Or maybe these will help you in your support...

10. shootinghero

shootinghero TS Member

Here is how it works my friends. One of two people is going to be President of the United States. Barry Obama or Mitt Romney. To get elected once, let alone twice, Romney is not going to touch guns. If the right to carry act passes a Republican Senate, which his presidential election will help to bring in, he will sign the national right to carry act because it will have been passed by a Republican controlled Congress. When he was running for govenor of Massachusetts, he had to play the Massachusetts game. When he is national, the national game. Sorry, politics is a tough business.

Or you can have Obama, a man who sees limiting and eliminating guns as a historic hallmark of his Administration.

We have to win this election, and the sooner we get behind our best chance and accept the fact that we only have one of two choices, the sooner we will wrap up this election. Santorum, Gingrich, Perry,Cain,Bachmann, not one of them has staying power.

Would you rather have Obama than Romney? That is your only choice.

11. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Romney may look strong in the north but in the southern states can he win primaries or the general election for that matter? I have my doubts. Romney has not been coronated yet no matter how badly the establishment Republicans and the news media want that to happen.

12. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

It is far too premature to say that Republicans must get behind Romney at this point. There is a long way to go in the primaries, and it behooves all of us to let that process work itself out. We must then get behind whoever becomes the Republican nominee, whether that is Romney, Santorum, Gingrich or someone else. The objective is, and must be, TO DEFEAT Obama. That can, and will, only happen if Republicans unite behind whoever is the final nominee, even if that nominee is not the one we personally would have chosen. In the 2008 election, far too many Republicans and conservatives sat on their behinds and did not go vote because they did not like McCain (a RINO in captical letters). I did not like McCain, but I voted for him because, no matter how much of a RINO he is, he was still a 100 times better than King Obama. We are likely to face the same sort of choice this year, and God help us if the purists and others sit home because the Republican nominee is not "pure" enough for them. Another 4 years of Obama and it may not make any difference who runs in 2016, if indeed anybody is allowed to by then.

13. daddiooo

One concern is when Ron Paul (resident nutbag) loses in the primaries that he'll make a 3rd party run and create a FUBAR situation.

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Bush did this 171 times, during his eight years. Obama 29 times in three years. Hmmmm. What a dirt-bag.

15. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

"Bush did this 171 times, during his eight years. Obama 29 times in three years. Hmmmm. What a dirt-bag"

Comparing apples and oranges, jusdt the headlines about the "Cordray Recess Appointment" are false. The Senate was not in recess. Appointments made while/when the Senate is in recess is established precedent (Bush did this) Appointing Cordray while the Senate is still legally and legitimately in session (not in recess) is a horse of a different color altogether and specifically prohibited under the Constitution. Dirt bag dictator indeed.

16. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

The House should IMPEACH. Haul Obama up before the Senate to explain his actions. If the Congress sits on it's AZZ and accepts this...we're no better off than a tin-pot third world toilet.

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Impeachment proceedings are brought in the House NOT the Senate. When referring to Constitutional matters please be precise because that is all we have - the precision and correctness of our cause as evidenced by the US Constitution!

18. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Why go through lengthy court proceedings to over turn the 3 apointees barry made to the NLRB, all congress has to do is defund the NLRB.

19. over/under

over/under Member

Stl Flyn, will you ever get over Bush? Because Bush did it don't make it right. Move outta 1st grade.

20. bigdogtx

hussein seems to be showing a tendency of feeling he is king/dictator/potentate/messiah....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/peECAPrA_2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.