1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cops writing cops tickets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 9point3, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Above is a website where policemen have the nerve to write complaints regarding not receiving "professional courtesy"

We all know that cops give other cops breaks but to openly complain about it is a slap in the face to the taxpayers that pay the policeman’s wages.

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

If he don't get his doughnut in the morning there just ain't no telling what he's liable to do!

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I guess they get a pass on domestic violence, too.

HM

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

All those stories about cops not receiving "professional courtesy" from other cops really breaks my heart. Anyone got a Kleenex I could borrow?

5. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Here is a quoted question from the web site

Should we be given breaks on tickets that normal people would be given a break?

Yes. Best Buy employees get an employee price (which is awesome), Subway employees get free subs, military people get free hops on planes, airline employees get the jet around the world for free ($50 is free). Every profession gets some kind of 'perk'.

I guess the oath that they take means nothing

6. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Quote "Should we be given breaks on tickets that normal people would be given a break? Yes. . Every profession gets some kind of 'perk'"

This makes no sense at all. If a cop gets a speeding ticket then he is already getting the same break a "normal people" would be given.

As far as perks go why should breaking any law entitle anyone to a perk.

Police officers should obey the law just like normal people especially on the highway.

tom

7. old george

old george TS Member

Rudyard Kipling once wrote "Making fun of uniforms what guard you while you sleep is cheaper than those uniforms and they're stavation cheap"

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

In my experience, the worst offenders of traffic law violations are police officers. They should be setting a good example instead of imitating escapees from an asylum.

Buz

9. five straight

five straight TS Member

I was a SFPD Officer for 31 years and I didn't eat donuts. I would also like to say easystreet and tron the next time some person is whipping your butt or beating your wife or raping your daughter who you gonna call some loser trap shooter.Nobody likes a cop until you need one. When someone ripes off your P or K gun think who you going to call your local seamstress who make your too-toos.Stop whinning and grow up.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Cops should be setting an example, not trying to be above the law.

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Well, I work with several cops here and have to say they are the most over-worked, under-paid, great fellas. Like mentioned about, "Who ya gonn call?" when you need help.

Our police, sheriff and highway patrol put up with so much crap-especially during the H-D rally. I rode with one the other night, and I was astounded that the patrolman did not arrest a shithead who was abusive and flipped him off. I'd broken the dork's finger myself. I could put up with all the bulls##t they are required to take.

Several of them are trapshooters - imagine that.

If they don't write each other tickets, I guess I can live with that. If I break the law, then even though they might me a friend, I certainly would expect a ticket... and I work with them.

Out here they can and will ticket ANYONE breaking the law.

WW

12. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

wireguy,

Which laws would you like them to enforce? Only the ones that you don't break?

Most of these posts, including yours, are some of the most ignorant rantings I've read on this site. You paint all cops with a wide brush over the actions of a few. None of you have a clue about what the job entails and probably would not fair very well at it yourselves. Seems like those taking these moronic cheap shots are exercising some payback for a ticket, an arrest or a well deserved ass beating they once received. There will always be those in all professions who give that profession a bad name. There will also always be assholes who will exploit that fact.

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

In my younger days I knew a few peace officers. Some I met the hard way (getting pulled over repeatedly), others I met when they were off duty and not being cops.

The ones that knew how to quit being a police officer when not on duty were the best. I was once traveling with a police buddy of mine and he got pulled over(in his personal vehicle) and didn't flash his badge when asked for his license. The patrolman lets us go and we were on our way.

The others that couldn't/didn't know how to stop being cops are the worst! I used to take great pleasure in embarrasing them in court if they wrote me a ticket(I had a very good attorney).

As far as the remarks made about who am I going to call when my life or a friend/family member life is being threatened? I'm armed and so is most of my family!

ec90t

14. hunter870

hunter870 Member

Waterhouse, do you mean that when the National Guard arrived in the assorted riots and disasters I've attended, I could then have just gone home or hidden in a donut shop? Wow, am I ever embarrassed at having missed a memo or something, because my team and I kept on working, often for 24 hours at a time. Sometimes we even slipped the National Guard kids some live ammo for their weapons. Now you tell me that we could've just stayed in bed? Doggone It!

I love this board. Some of the opinions here truly crack me up!

Stay safe.

Serving and Protecting since 1974.

Shooting trap since 1966.

(Shooting trap well since...um, that actually hasn't started happening yet, but maybe someday!)

15. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

lots of cops nation-wide belong to the rubber gun squad

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Once again the topic strays. Oh, well.

LEO's are posting like they prevent your wife or daughter from being raped, or your house from being burglarized. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Response times are usually too long.

Where Tron lives they are almost measured in hours rather than minutes.

There is no way, IMO, that crime is prevented by police in 90 % of cases. After it happens, they arrive to mop up and write reports. In our town, they have shot and killed people who were unarmed.

A decent police presence is, of course a deterrent to crime. the burglars have to wait till they are elsewhere. Some have been known to make calls so the law would be busy elsewhere while they burgle.

A 911 call is nowhere nears as effective as a 1911.

And I have police friends who shoot trap and skeet(GASP!) also.

The problem here was the original topic, LEO's who want to break the law and not pay the same penalty ordinary citizens do. The fact that a website exists to that purpose is a crying shame.

Why didn't the officers posting give us their take on the subject?

HM

17. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

In Va the cops have two ways to let evryone know that the personal car or truck is owned by a cop. One is the star on the Lic Plate. The other is a bolt on star on the rear of the car. They say that is to let the cop who JUST MIGHT pull over the car know that there is a cop with a gun in the car.

As for the story about the sheriff in LA who can't carry a gun. I have been told that as a cop you HAVE TO carry a weapon when off duty and as a cop you have to be able to carry a gun.

As for a cop giving a cop a ticket, it can go two diffetent ways. One the cop writting the ticket is a real ass and or the cop that got pulled over asked for one by being an ass.

I do how ever agree that the cops let each other go as often as they can.

Dateline did a show on cops. Boy did they piss them off to the max. They almost went to jail for what they did. They followed some cops with a radar unit and all of them speed in their crusers and private cars. They were clocked doing 60 in a 25 zones and speeding any time they wanted WITHOUT THEIR RED AND BLUE LIGHTS ON. They would then stop at a store or what ever so it was not a call for them to go to. The cops then in time noticed they were being followed and pulled them over and threatened to arrest them for it. The officals then said that all the cops were on a call. When shown the tape of where they went the offical looked at Dateline and said "IF YOU KEEP FOLLOWING MY OFFICERS YOU WILL BE ARRESTED". Boy did they get pissed. If your a cop you can get away with murder.

18. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

You are judging many by the actions of a few. Once I gave a police officer a warning on excessive speed. Three weeks later he was run over by a drunk driver, while on a traffic stop, and killed. Certain MPH over you got a warning, above that was a ticket, no exceptions.

Police work is tough. We make our share of mistakes. Yes, I have gotten a ticket while I was in law enforcement. I deserved it, paid my fine and improved my driving. I also got a warning for a head light out. We are human beings and we are not perfect. Every profession has their fair share of people that do not meet the standards.

One of the hardest problems for law enforcement is living with a mistake. (food for thought). You need to be in the profession to understand the last sentence. Flame away, throw as much hate my way as you want. I'm proud of my brothers and sisters who risk their lives every day trying to make their city, county, state or nation a better place to live. Sgt. Mike

19. GRR

GRR TS Member

Five Straight........It just goes to show us that Police do not PROTECT AND SERVE they ENTRAP, HARASS AND INTIMIDATE. If thier isn't any money in it, it won't get any attention. Rape, robbery an murder will not get the attention like DWI, OWI and Traffic tickets. I know of three cases of DWI that was thrown out of court because the same cop lied and he's still on the force. I was once told by a social worker that cops and lawyers have the highest percentage of domistic abuse than any other occupation. The only time you should call a cop is when you hit a deer and need a permit to take it home, if you want.

My neighbor has been robbed several times and it takes days if not weeks before a cop shows up....No money in it

20. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sgt. Mike - I am proud of the overall job the Police do in my area. They are people and will make some mistakes, but if I dealt with the people they have to deal with, I would make many more mistakes.

Now and then I have been pulled over for a traffic offense and not given a ticket. The Police do have some options other than writing citations. I have also played a hard basketball game against our local Judge and an hour later went to his court and pleaded not guilty (I was guilty but he told me to plead that way)to speeding. He took my case under advisement. Life is not always fair. Some get advantages now and then. Some get tickets and some do not. Some get hard angles from post five and some do not.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.