1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cops "Professional Courtesy" to Firefighters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Easystreet, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Cops

A month or so ago, there was quite a lively discussion about cops showing extreme favoritism to other cops by not writing them speeding tickets or arresting them for other misdeeds if there was any way possible they could keep from doing so.

Well, I guess cops extend their "professional courtesy" to firefighters too. The above link (which leaves out a lot of the details) tells about a firefigher who went berserk because his neighbor's dog was barking. The firefighter allegedly beat on the woman's doors for nearly 30 minutes until blood ran from his hands and dripped on the doors.

Then he threatened the woman who speaks and understands almost no english, but she knew enough to know that she was being threateded by his demeanor. She dialed 911 and when the cops finally showed up, they gave her a paper to sign (in English, of course) which stated that she didn't wish to press charges against the firefighter. She would like to see the firefighter arrested and held to answer for what he did, but she is out of luck because the cops coerced her into signing the paper.

What's up with getting the lady to sign some paper she doesn't understand.... particularly when the paper gives up her right to press charges against the firefighter who kicked down her door and threatened her (according to neighbors who could hear the commotion)?????

If some thug broke in and raped the woman, would they get the woman to sign some paper saying that she doesn't want to press charges? I guess if someone wants preferential treatment, it pays to either be a cop or know a cop.

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Cops

B I N G O ...... and cops are their name O. Jeff

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Cops

It happens. There is a local gun dealer who repeatedly breaks firearms laws selling guns to prohibited persons. The feds were ready to pounce UNTIL they learned the guy's Dad is a Homicide Detective.

A local retired cop pulled his badge on a fellow and claimed to be active duty, a felony in my state. Again, the cops let it slide.

Don't know what the answer is. Look at the Peterson Saga on the news. It looks like a murder may have been swept under the carpet to protect a cop.

4. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

Cops

Here we go again. I was a firefighter for 9 years and now I am a consultant for police. It happens. The unwritten motto is cops don't write other cops, firefighters, doctors, or priests. It has to do with the fear that their life may be in their hands one day and they don't want to test karma. So deal with it. I still wear my fire dept sweatshirt every time I drive out of town. Why? You figure it out. As for the lady who was "coerced" into signing a paper. She's probably illegal herself but the cops are barred from asking about her immigration status as to not violate her precious rights. She is a new American at best and is illiterate in the first place. I don't think we are under any obligation to make sure people that don't speak English understand shit. Learn to speak English. Do you expect if you went to Greece and called 911 for help they would make sure you understood everything in Greek? I think some of you guys may actually speak Greek.

5. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

Cops

Oh and don't forget, I still think cops are infintile ego maniacs. They will prove it here time and time again. Just like admiral art just did. "OUR road" get over youself you overpaid doughnut eater.

6. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Cops

FWIW.......The idea of another cop letting a Brother Officer slide on a minor traffic violation is one thing. Thinking that they would allow a MURDER to slide by is yet another. Get real.

then again.... Montana is not chicago or NYC

FN in MT

7. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Cops

I personally, have never met a cop that wasnt "high" on himself. The special treatment came on the news in my state (Mass) lately. It seems these cops have terrible driving records. Numerous accidents, etc. Some of these infractions were even committed while driving state owned vehicles. But alas, the incidents were investigated by fellow officers, or some by themselves. So, nobody ever found out. Until now. They are even naming names on t.v. Its about time these so called law "enforcement" officials get the same treatment everyone else does. JMO Steve

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Cops

America, speak English or deal with the consequences.

9. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Cops

Try this one on for size. In California it is illegal to have a gun if you have ever had a charge of domestic violence against you. Well, when this law came out almost 25 percent of the cops in the L.A. area had had charges filed againt them so legally they couldn't carry firearms. They got a special law passed which made them exempt from the original law. Does that suck or what?
    Dan

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Cops

Well, Dan, that's the Lautenberg Amendment, and it covers the whole USA, not just Kommiefornia. In their haste to take another nip out of gun owners they neglected the fact that they were going to get a bunch of police officers in the net also.

So they gave LEO's a pass on the law. I'm not sure how they are affected outside the line of duty.

HM

11. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Cops

The real question is, why is a wife beater allowed to carry a badge?

Professional Courtesy?

It's a BS amendment because there shouldn't be a need for anybody to be exempt.

12. Easystreet

Cops

High Brass wrote: "The unwritten motto is cops don't write other cops, firefighters, doctors, or priests. It has to do with the fear that their life may be in their hands one day and they don't want to test karma."

So if a person is not a member of the "in crowd", then they get the golden weenie socked to them anytime the cops get a chance to do so. To return the favor, all plumbers, auto mechanics, repairmen, and everyone else who sells a product or service should sock it to the cops everytime they get the chance, right? That only seems fair to me.

As for the lady not speaking English, is there any doubt in your mind that if she did speak English the cops wouldn't find something else to get their firefighter buddy off the hook? Don't mistake what this thread is all about. It has nothing to do with our immigration problem. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that cops and their buddies are above the law, and everyone else is just a second class citizen.

I guess that if you are content being a second class citizen, then you deserve whatever $hit the cops throw your way. Just make sure not to b*tch about it on here when it's your wife, daughter, or yourself who gets screwed by the cops in the future. Would you have the same attitude if this were your mother whose door was kicked down by the firefighter and threatened?

13. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Cops

Ignorance of the law isn't a excuse. Speak English or stay home!
    5:30 am on way to work, stopped at a red light. One car about a 1/4 away of course I procedded thru and guess what? it way a cop. Said you know, you probaly saved 30 sec. He let me go because I had scrubs on. Said I might need your services some day. Bad guy or cop, guess who gets my services first!

14. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

Cops

Take it easy Easy, I agree with you. Cops to believe they are above the law and above everybody else for that matter. I think people doing business with cops should even charge a service fee for having to put up with their egotistical asses. I just stated the way it is. You're also right that if that lady had spoken English they would have done something else to get their buddy off. I suppose it is a benefit of them having to be what they are, lowly cops. I certainly don't believe its right. About all you can do is smile a little when they get a little more than they bargain for......As for my mother, she would have screwed a Glock in his ear and stomped his ass into the ground. If he fought back, he'd have been shot. A bit hard for cops to cover that up.

15. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Cops

I would rather be "Water boarded" than listen to all this BS.

JON

16. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

Cops

Do what ever makes you feel good Art. That is why you became a cop isn't it? So you stroke yourself....er..I mean your own ego. You are an infintile ego maniac. You have to feed the monster of your own ego before it destroys you. You don't care about fighting crime, solving crime, or helping anyone. All you care about is chasing someone, beating the crap out of them, and then spending the next 7 hours patting each other on the butt retelling your grand tale. We all know what you are. That is why a lot of us give you the finger when you drive by (we wave at firefighters). You are a servant of the public and we are watching. If we catch you on video, you get to go to jail. And the pure joy of it all is we all know what happens to cops in jail. Enjoy.

17. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

Cops

I've been a firefighter for almost 27 years and have been on the receiving end of a few "breaks" from my brothers in blue. Traffic tickets only. And like High Brass-I too ware my FD shirts when traveling. Its true that if we know a LEO is involved in an auto accident-we step it up a little. We watch each other's backs out on the street as much as possible. I also tell the Cops that if they would have just scored 10 more points on the test, they could have been a fireman!

18. Easystreet

Cops

Bob,

Why should I NOT believe that cops show "professional courtesy" to other cops, firefighters, medical personal, etc when I read of incidents like the above in the paper on almost a daily basis? In addition, you have cops on this board ADMITTING that they do it, and you have firefighters (and others) ADMITTING that they receive "professional courtesy" from cops. Only a fool wouldn't believe it after all that evidence. If the shoe fits, wear it.

19. Easystreet

Cops

Bob,

By the way, you don't have to ASSUME that anything I told you about the incident is correct. You can click on the link I provided and read it for yourself. Once you open that link and read it, there is also a small video clip of the local TV station reporter telling what happened. Click on the video link and listen to it for yourself.

Jeez, you'd think that a guy who claims to have went to law school would understand a few of these simple things that no one else seems to have a problem understanding. Perhaps if he had scored a few points higher on his entrance exam, he could have been a Sanitation Worker instead of a cop.

20. Easystreet

Cops

Bob,

One more thing. I never said that ALL cops did the kinds of things that the cops above did. It's just that when I read about this crap and similar such happenings, it leaves a very bad impression of how fair and equally the cops uphold the law. And when the cops on this board offer alibis and excuses for that kind of behavior, it makes me wonder just how small the percentage of bad cops really is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.