1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coors and gun control

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by High Velocity, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Velocity

High Velocity TS Member

I heard today that Coors Beer was anti-gun....can anybody elaborate on that or square things away the other way....

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Tonight, watching Bill Maher (sic?) discussion fell into Gun Control & one of the participants was, I believe the Gov of Colorado - a Democrat. Talk about a guy who can discuss Liberal and Conservative issues out of both sides of his mouth at one time!

Bill Maher, mentioned in the conversation that he owns a gun! He's a "Rosie".

Jay

3. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

The issue about Coors has been bantered around for years. Several years ago the chairman of Coors (can't recall his name) publicly stated Coors was not anti gun. In fact several members of the family were avid outdoorsman. We need substantiated information before we start condemning someone. - Jim

4. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

How can a bottle/can of beer be anti-gun??

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

deckart/antigojohn/sammie;

One of the FIRST things the liberal congress did was attempt to pass a bill that is more wide sweeping than the assault weapons ban!! Apparently everyone doesn't agree.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I remember one year in the mid- 70's at the California ATA State Shoot, Kingsburg, the rumor was spread quite successfully that Coors was anti-gun. The result was a very bad showing for the Coors and Budwieser made a killing. There was most of a week that Coors could just as well been Rosie O. Lager....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

No, Coors is not antigun. In fact they have sponsored several trap shoots in the Past, some of which I have attended.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Coors has for many years been one of the main sponsors of the Coors Schuetzenfest in Golden, Colorado.<br>
    <br>
    Schuetzen rifles are old pattern single shot rifles (like the Winchester 1885) modified with special stocks, precision sights, some with scopes, and they shoot blackpowder cartridges with cast bullets in what can be described as old fashion benchrest shooting, as well as offhand. The .32-40 Winchester is the king of this event, followed by the .38-55. If anyone gets bored with benchrest, try a Schuetzen rifle.

9. larryjk

larryjk Member

The Coors family, in addition to sponsoring the Coors Schuetzenfest on the Golden Gun Club range, that Coors donated generously toward, is involved in all kinds of shooting endeavors. Peter Coors ran for congress in the last election, but was defeated. He would have been a big plus for shooters.

10. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I had heard that for a long time, then up came a charity event at the club as an iron man shoot. Coors was a main sponsor, and Pete Coors shot on one of the teams.

I also shot in another event near Alamosa, Colorado. It was called the Silver Bullet, with big sponsorship from Coors.

Heaven knows how two faced some of those people are, but I would have to say Coors was not Anti-gun.........................at least half the time ;^)

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Maybe Budweiser people like starting rumors?

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

That certainly crossed my mind, Curvy....Bob Dodd

13. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

When I drank, I notice that several Coors would affect my gun control. RG

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

the libs won't go near gun control as a topic for the next election. but what if they win?

brett d.

15. porky

porky TS Member

Coors is no longer owned by the Coors family. Molsen of Canada now wholy owns it. Care to guess which way they are??

16. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

For several years Coors helped sponsor our shoots here in VA. Jeff

17. leadvail

leadvail Member

I drink Miller Lite now for less calories .
    I know they give out sight-in targets during season ,but are they anti-gun ?

18. moron

moron TS Member

giter-done,

It's the other way around. Pete Coors put together the deal and Coors bought out the different factions of the Molson family. Coors and especially Pete have donated MILLIONS to things such as shooting and Boy Scouts. Pete is an avid shooter and duck hunter

19. porky

porky TS Member

Ron, Better check that ticker tape on the NY Stock exchange. It's called Molson/Coors not Coors/Molson.( Use "TAP" for a NYS Exch code). Sorta like Damlier Chrysler. Pete Coors might still be around, but the group in Canada owns the larger percentage of the group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
coors and gun control

coors anti gun

coors gun control

coors light and gun control
coors rifle collection

does coors donate to gun control

is coors anti gun

is coors beer sponsor gun control laws