1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coon Creek Club CA info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Didreckson, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Can anyone shed some light on the operating hours of the above club? I believe they carry DownRange wads and other supplies. I have been calling sporadically for the last two weeks, and have never talked to anything but the answering machine. I would love to see what they have, what hours they are open, so I can plan stopping by on my way up to Reno sometime soon.

Thanks much!

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

see above link

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

ffwildcat,

Thanks for the link. I thought from previous posts they were open Tuesday and Thursdays, but perhaps they just don't answer the phone? I get a canned recording on the old answering machine each time I have called.

I see from this link they don't have a pro shop. They are listed with Downrange as being a dealer for their wads.

Most confused, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to contact these folks before I make a long trip up for nothing?

Thanks again!

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Steve,

Thanks much for the update. I have called on all of the days you list, and have yet to find human life. I will have to make it a priority to buzz up there and check things out, and not make it a pit stop on my way up to Reno.

I really want to test drive more XL-1 wads, so that is what it will take to get some I guess.

5. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Why wouldn't you just buy the wads over the internet and be assured of supply?

George and Joan live on the grounds so there is always somebody around the place. Although the range is technically not open on mon/wed/fri that doesn't stop folks from rolling out there and shooting anyway.

I will be out there this weekend and I can check to see if they have the Downrange XL-1 so you don't waste a trip.

6. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

ffwildcat,

Did you happen to see if Coon Creek had a supply of XL1's? I continue to call, but am convinced they simply don't put any effort in answering the phone...ever.

If this is your "home" club, do they sell other supplies such as powder, primer or shot as well?

I shoot at Sage Hills while in Reno generally, but the pro shop while terrific, does not have anything but OEM wads as I recall.

Thanks much!

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Check your PM....... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I checked Saturday and they do not have XL-1 wads in stock.

Sorry.

They sell powder, primers, wads and shot so at least the components are available to the public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.