1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cooling Shirts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paul7177, Jul 12, 2013.

1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Has anyone used the cooling shirts that claim to wick away moisture and cool the body?
    I see several brands for sale that claim they are effective.

2. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Walmart carries a line of shorts/shirts (marketed as golf apparel) with this fabric. The shirts are $15. Dont know if they are the latest tech ... but they ARE much better than a cotton T. I would easily recommend them.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I haven't found anything that works good in the deep south. The closest is Columba's fishing shirts or the Bass Pro Shops copy.

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

UnderArmour ColdBlack is my favorite "cooling" shirt. I have Columbia fishing shirts too, but these serve a different purpose.

5. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I've tried the Columbia and the Under Armour.. I currently wear and swear by the shirts I buy at Walmart.. Name in the collar is "GEORGE" They are a wicking shirt and they work better then any of the others I have tried. These shirts are $12 and some change. I have paid up to $60 for name brand shirts and non of them have come close to the comfort these shirts give me in the heat.

For those of you who don't know me.. I vend at shoots, I'm outside in a tent all day.

Jerry B

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I've got a wide assortment of various styles and brands. The one I have found to work best is the Under Armour Charged Cotton T-Shirts. Actually all of the moisture wicking shirts work to an extent. Some are just a little better than others.