1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

coolest little CCW I recently purchased...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

Smith&Wesson 380 Bodyguard with Insight Laser sight system. Less than 12oz unloaded. Picked up a couple of boxes of high-performance Federal HydraShock JHP's...

5146790353_631562f7af_b.jpg
    5146790499_3ba46eb030_b.jpg
    5146790617_449ffc9fe4_b.jpg

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I like the feel of it but have not tried one yet. We got them in at the store a month or so ago and really like them. unfortunately, I have a Keltec 380 as a CCW and I know this will get a lot of rocks thrown but I also have a Walther P22 with a laser that I also carry sometimes. I've thought about selling the Keltec to purchase the bodyguard but haven't made the move yet. Good luck with it. We sell more of them since it came out because of the safety. Jackie B.

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

S&W had a few problems with the original BG. Apparently, the slide pins were breaking. That's not good!! Hoping mine will workout well. Other than a .22 it's the smallest caliber gun I ever bought...

4. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

I got a Smith&Wesson 380 Bodyguard when they first came out. Just did not like the balance and the laser was useless so I still carry my Ruger LCP

Jim

5. oz

oz Active Member

you can get a 9mm in that size. sig has one probably more. oz

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If you want to cary something that will make you feel comfortable take a look at the Kahr CW-40. It is not much bigger that most .380's.

Jim Skeel

skeeljc_2008_030342.jpg

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

The Body Guards are intriguing because of there size but I have never seen one that had a better trigger than horrible. I shot one quite a bit and could never get to where I would feel comfortable with it in a heated situation.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I picked up a Walther PPKS (.380) for the wife to carry a while back, great little easy to conceal pistol ... I actually got this one at a garage sale, the home owner noticed I had my Glock on my hip and asked if I was interested in a gun he had for sale ... This pistol is probably 40 + years old and had never been shot except for the target that came in the box, until I got it ... I gave him his asking price ($250) and that included an inside holster, shoulder holster, and clip on belt holster that holds a second magazine that came with it also ... I still have the full box of ammo and cleaning kit he gave me with it around here someplace ... Great little pistol to have around just in case ... Its so old it don't even have a laser sight on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

WPT--I like that "for the wife to carry" wink wink. Who are you trying to kid? LOL Sounds like you stole that gun. I would have given him his asking price too.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,
    I was offered $450 by a friend of mine and turned it down ... The gun is vertually brand new but about 45 years old ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Another vote for the PPKS .380.

Just bought one that had been carried in an ankle holster by a local sheriff.
    He wanted a lighter gun. I paid $360.00 for it.

Just returned from the range, and it is a very accurate piece.
    The double action pull is pretty heavy, but when it shifts into single action mode it is sweet. You do have the option of thumbing the hammer back for the first shot.

I figure that the heavy double action pull makes you think about the decision you are making.

ed.

12. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you like the PPK\s you really should look at the Sig p230 380 it is the same size but light years ahead in quality and shootability.

13. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

I'll stick with a real Bodyguard :)
    <a href="http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/ezb57/?action=view┬Ąt=MyModel49SmithWesson.jpg" target="_blank"> MyModel49SmithWesson.jpg </a>

14. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

We have the LCR, SP 101 and the LCP, we shoot a lot and fish a lot, guess which one we always have? (LCP) is a winner. We practice at 7yds because 21' is the longest shot in our house but have shot it accurately out to 15 yds. Wife likes the LCR the best but it is a little big. All good.

15. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

What do you need a laser sight for close range for. I don't think the patient is going to stand still long enough for you to place the shot. Then again there is some that dumb. Wild Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.