1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coolant Temperature

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lither, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lither

Lither TS Member

Please tell what you are using for coolant in your shotmaker and and at what temperature you make your best shot.

Thanks, Len

2. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I use brake fluid Dot3, I find that the colder the better. Lately we have been having 90 degree weather. So my ambient temp before I start is 90, once I get a 100 degrees (because of the size of my tank) I have to stop or my shot turns to %&#@

3. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i use dot 3 also,keep it as cool as i can, i run my coolant through a 10 inx10 in tranny cooler sitting in a 5 gallon bucket of ice,mark

4. Lither

Lither TS Member

I was using brake fluid, and i foun the same thing once I got to about a 100, my shot looked like popcorn, then my pump would turn off, and all of a sudden i had a mess, lead dripping, but no coolant pumping!!

I read a lot threds about 125 150 degrees and just wonder if i was doing something wrong.

I am using crop oil now, and am finding the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.