1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coolant for Shotmaker

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 02, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 02

02 TS Member

Hi Guys, just got a question on coolant preferences for shot makers.

Thanks, Paul

2. pduryee

pduryee TS Member

I use the Lotox anitfreeze too. I usually drop until the temp gets up to about 130-140 then cool it down. My shot gets goofy looking above 150. I'm in the process of rigging up a pump and cooler since my tank is made from a 308 ammo can it only holds a little over a gallon. I can usually run 50 lbs or more before the temp gets up which is just about the limit of my attention span.

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I have been having good luck with hydraulic fluid, but you must wash it off with gasoline or mineral spirits. I also found that peanut oil works very well, maybe even better than hydraulic fluid, it is just a mess to work with so I switched to the hydraulic fluid.

4. 02

02 TS Member

Do you have to wash off the Lo-Tox Antifreeze also? Or can you just let it dry before you graphite it?

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

You have to wash it off.. Anti freeze wont dry or evaporate like water will.

6. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i like dot 3 brake fluid,washes off with water,and its free,my tank holds 14 gallons,and you dont have to mix with soap ,or worry about my dogs getting into it,mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.