1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cool P/W Upgrade for 800B/C/CVT Reloaders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Well, you can sure tell it was cold and blizzarding here today, as I spent the day in the shop fooling around.

Here's what I came up with to help out Bill up in Canada after he emailed me yesterday thinking he wanted to purchase a replacement toolhead for his 800 Plus. Seems that he broke out the casting which held the Die Cleaning Brush shaft.

I told him he could drill out that area and I'd build him a different shaft and he wouldn't have to shell out $100 for a new toolhead top.

Had another machine here I was working of for a customer, so I made a couple of these. Works perfectly, AND the $22 aluminum brackets the factory sells have always come loose at the most inappropriate times. This one sure won't, and will save you from spending the $30.

[​IMG]

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Thanks, Whiz. Another great innovation from you. I'm really looking forward to getting my die cleaner back on the Platinum 2000. Bill Malcolm

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It shipped today 2/12 to Steve via Priority Mail. Steve should have the box in a few days. Priority Mail was pricier, but much quicker and safer to Canada than 1st Class. It's in a bag rightly labels for you.

I was unsure of the thickness of your toolhead, and too lazy to pull out the tooling on the Patriot here, so there may not be adequate threads available for the 3/16"x16tpi nut. Let me know it this is the case because I need to make these correctly.

I'll run another batch off on the lathe if the shaft needs more threads sticking up through the top head.

I tired those Remington parts folks, but they emailed me back indicating these were long gone. If you run across a M/C Trap stock for a 3200 and it's reasonalble, I'd be tickled if you grabbed it for me.

Whiz

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Thanks, Whiz. I will keep an eye peeled for a stock. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.