1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CookCounty Gun Tax

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

More loony crap from cook county...Smokit

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Just more of the same... from very small minds...

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Cook County will lose money on the deal. The tax will drive the gun stores out of business. Not only won't the county collect any tax, they'll lose the sales tax they were collecting before.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I would cross the county lines to purchase. Or move out of there.

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I keep getting it confused: is it The Peoples' Republic of Chicago or Peoples' Republic of Cook County? Look for more of this type of crap from the Federal Government. BT100dc

6. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

I live in cook county, when ive been at the gun stores i see the tax is not stopping sales one bit, still busy, i guess from first time hand gun buyers.

Cook county has also had 4 liquor tax increases in 5 years, pack of smokes is now $9 bucks.

I just bought a bt 99, i went out of the county, spent as much in fuel for the two trips to buy it and then go back to pick it up after i "cooled off" even though i own many guns. i will still spend the gas money before they get another dime, once our youngest goes off to collage im moving down to Tennessee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.