1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cook County tax on firearm sales

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dickgshot, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Cook County (Illinois) Commissioners passed a $25 tax on firearm sales in Cook County, which includes Chicago and adjoining suburbs. The tax is expected to generate $600,000 in revenue next year to help pay the hospital expenses of
    gang members who shoot each other.

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

You tell me there going to pay hosiptal bills for gangs members who were shot. BULL

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

it is the Liberals way

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Keep in mind that federal gun control often has its roots in state and local gun control.

Someone is setting a precedent for congress and Zero to look at. Anyone remember when the CDC tried to push for a similar tax on guns because guns were a "pathogen"?

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sportie, asked; "What's going on in Cook?" Same as always, CROOKS.

Hap

6. deadnout

deadnout Member

hah who says al capone is dead.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Lincolnwood had a gunshop... Shore Galleries... who wanted to open an indoor range in a commercial business district - said no... Cook passes a $25 gun fee/tax...

Only un-informed individuals will pay the fee in Cook County... I'm unaware whether a purchase in another county or from out of state will require the use tax paid to Cook...

Jay

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Wait and see what the actual collected tax / fee (whether it's a tax or a fee is irrelevant) is after a year. Bet a donut it comes no where close to the $600,000 estimate. BTW, that's 24,000 firearms at $25 each.

Why would I buy a gun in Cook County when I can drive a little further and save $25? I've seen no mention of the effect the tax will have on law enforcement officers, some of whom have to purchase their own firearms.

Sorry Cabela's in Hoffman Estates - you're in Cook County and your prices just went up $25.

I'll shop in Plainfield, IL (Will County) at the new and improved MegaSports (see pic below). NOT in Cook County.

Gene in Illinois (DuPage County)

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Something messed up in my earlier post. Here's the pic of the newly enlarged MegaSports.

Yes, those glass cases are filled with pistols. And rifles on each wall up near the ceiling.

Gene in Illinois

sseitz007_2008_010452.jpg

10. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Gene, that looks like a place in which a person could get lost. Spend ALL of my free time browsing through there.

Charlie

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Any bets Crime goes UP in Cook county even after it goes into effect ?????????

Liberal college educated idiots!!

12. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Charlie:
    Only Browsing? I bet you'd buy something...........
    <:)

Predicting crime in Chicago is like predicting the weather. One thing I know for sure - the gang bangers won't pay the tax. BUT, I bet the street price of a weapon goes up anyway.

Gene in Illinois

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Yet again stupidity rears it's ugly head in the form of Crook County politicians. Force people to buy legal firearms else where. You cna;t fix stupid but just maybe they won't all get reelcted

14. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

Aren't gang members going to be required to carry their own insurance under Obamacare? Thus making this a moot point, so where is the money really going? OS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.