1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coogan wins bronze at world shotgun champs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Kelly Coogan has described her bronze medal at the World Shotgun Championships as the proudest moment in her short career.

The 19-year-old Darwin resident claimed a podium finish in the junior women's trap overnight, at the end of a nerve-wracking three-way shoot-off for silver and bronze.

"It was more than I had expected heading into the event today but I just came in and did my best and am really excited with the bronze medal," Coogan said in a statement from the event in Serbia.

Coogan shot 68 out of a possible 75 targets during the preliminary rounds, finishing level with two other athletes in a tie for second place before the shoot-off.

In the senior women's trap, Victorian Catherine Skinner was Australia's best performer, finishing fifth.

Skinner shot 72 targets during the preliminary rounds to qualify for the six-person final.

While her form deserted her somewhat in the final - she shot 17 out of a possible 25 targets - Skinner said she was happy with her performance.

"I've had a great past couple of months and I am looking forward to trying to keep the run going over the next few months and try and make the Olympic team," Skinner said.

Skinner and Suzy Balogh both posted performance qualifying scores - minimum benchmarks athletes need to reach in order to be considered for selection for next year's Olympics - in the women's trap.

Meanwhile, Australia's women's trap team just missed out on a medal, with Balogh, Laetisha Scanlan and Skinner finishing fourth, just two targets behind bronze medallist China.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1aPxUNfD2Ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tl2defbcSS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

congratulations to kelly i have known her since she was 13 and shooting a gun as big as she was. cheers from australia des

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.