1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Converting MX8 triggers to selective

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by EuroJoe, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have that set-up in my MX-8, works great. I bought it from Rafaelle several years ago, & they were Perazzi parts. He put them in my MX-11 originally, cost 75 bucks 5-6 years ago/ I took trigger apart & moved the parts to the MX-8, but it didn't work right. I took the gun to Giacomo last year at the Grand, & he fixed it. These parts are no longer available from Perazzi, they were made 15 years ago. I looked all over at the Grand this year for some for a friend of mine, but none available. Giacomo has some on order from someone, but won't be available for 6 mos or so. Apparantly they had done it before, but parts were no good. I don't about anyone else's parts, but mine works fine. I hope this helps, Joe O.

2. TN Larry

TN Larry TS Member

I was going to post this same question just a couple of days ago. GMgunparts.com has these parts for something over $100. (Couldn't get their website to come up just now.) I just looked at my drop out trigger (has large inertia block for shooting "pansy" loads), but having never had the trigger apart, I couldn't see how it worked. Like Gregg, any information would be appreciated. Is there a "sliding part" that does the barrel switch?

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Externally selective triggers cost hundreds more than non-selective versions so I am surprised that a hundred dollar kit will do the same thing. I would guess that those parts do not make the trigger externally selectable.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Are you guys wanting to shoot the top barrel first? or do you have a Topsingle that you want to fire once, then open and reload the single barrel?

This can be done for free.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Why not call Giacomo and see what he can do? Allems has selectable triggers for the Perazzi.

I think, for the money, I will remove the cocking foot from the trigger assy'

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

chauncy, MX-B just happens to be one of the most knowledgable P guys on here. Hap

7. joehunter

joehunter Member

I had Kerry Allor do the same thing for me about 2 years ago. I do not remember the cost but he said he was running out of parts then. If I remember right, he said the parts are hand made.

Joe

8. mwmham

mwmham Member

Parts can be found at:

http://www.gmgunparts.com/view_corpo_1.php?tipology_id=5&category_id=3

I don't know anything about this dealer (in Italy but other threads have talked about GMGUNPARTS with positive remarks.

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Or...I have an internally selectable MX-8 special I'll sell....

jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx 8triggers