1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Converting a File

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WS-1, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I got an e-mail from a friend who uses a Mac computer. It includes a picture that he said is an "iphoto"

Does anybody know how convert an "iphoto" into a jpeg.?

Thanks. Kit

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Did you download and see if your photo program would open?

Just a shot in the dark.

You might try changing the iphoto extension to jpg or if none add one.

If you don't see the extension of the iphoto make sure your computer is set to view all files.

On my computer; I go to Computer, organize (top left), open folder/search options. Click View.

Make sure there is not a check mark next to the option to "Hide extensions for known file types." Click OK.

Now see if you can see if it has an extension or not. If you see the extension, change the extension (rename), if not, save as with a jpg extension.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Any of your WinCrap photos program should be able to open it. I am surprised that it did not show up in your email viewer.

Tom

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

There goes the blowing macnut again.

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Joe Potosky for his unwavering technical support in my hour of need.

Kit

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

Guys.... Joe and I said the same thing..... Joe just said it a little more tactfully.

There are Macintosh users and the great unsaved.

Just trying to bring you back from the Dark Side.

Tom

7. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

One possible problem for those who may be using an Outlook Web Application from Microsoft to read their mail from an Exchange server while using Firefox on an Apple is that Microsoft messed up the OWA application. It is now renaming attached files, no matter what kind, to an extension of ASHX.

The problem is being addressed by Microsoft but so far I have not heard that a fix has been issued.

If this is your problem, you can simply rename the attachment to its proper extension in your downloads folder or where ever else you may have set up for the storage location. You can also use Safari to download the files.

This became a problem with FF 8 when Mozilla updated the browser to make the browser fully compliant with current standards. Earlier versions of FF would "cover" the OWA problem but were not fully compliant with the standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.