1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Convert Perazzi Trigger Group Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunting, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunting

hunting Member

I have a new Mx SCO engraved P 4 adjustable trigger with internal selector.

when I purchased there was some confusion, on my end.

finally my question:

Trigger has coil springs can it be converted to leaf spring?

Appreciate the experience on the site.

Thanks

2. inkduster

inkduster TS Member

No, check with Giacomo Sporting..link..they maybe of help...

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Why would you want to convert it?? I have not seen or heard of a Perazzi coil spring breaking. I have witnessed many leaf springs failing, two on the same squad. Some will argue that the leaf spring has a faster lock time, just try and tell the diference. I doubt you can. Coil springs may weaken over time (a long time) But are easy to change every 10,000 rounds or whenever your in the mood. Look at the money you will save by not having to carry a couple of spare trigger groups (LOL). Marc

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

what luvtrapguns said....."why would you?"

Coil springs......much better and more reliable.

5. hunting

hunting Member

The trigger is excellent, I have always had leaf spring, when I put in the coil spring trigger - it requires more pressure to open the gun, leaf is much easier. Hope this make sense

6. hunting

hunting Member

Thanks to Mr. Jim Whiz White for solving my trigger issue.

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

What was the issue and cure??

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The ONLY thing good about coil springs is that they don't break. No, they don't, they just get weaker and weaker ever so slowly, so slowly that you can't detect it until you start missing targets and you wonder why. And, before you figure it out, you start doing things like changing stance, gun holds, over follow-through etc., etc. Then you finally figure it out, slap yourself in the face, and go back about your business, hoping you didn't screw yourself up in the process.

The great thing about leafs is that they break. They break when they need to. You stop, install new ones and away you go... and they install much quicker, no guide rod to screw with.

Believe me, I've shot Perazzi's for over 30 years and have used both types. I'll stick with leafs any day.

We talked about this over the phone today, and the solution was simple lubrication of the trigger.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.