1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Convert Perazzi ejectors into extractors?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hilton55, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hilton55

Hilton55 TS Member

I own a Perazzi MX-8 that I use for Trap. Because I reload my shells, the ejectors are a bother. Can the ejectors be converted so that they only extract shells from the chamber instead of ejecting them? Thanks! John

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

John, for me, the easiest way is simply change the ejector spring to a weaker one will keep the shells from flying away. This way you can have it back to original in 2 minutes, and only risking the lost of two misplaced springs.

If you need help to remove the ejector, let me know, I'll walk you through it.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I just remove the ejector trip rods. Disables the the ejectors for ejection but still allows the ejector to gently lift the shell for finger extraction.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

David P. What does that get you that just removing the trips rods doesn't?

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Lots of advice here, but the proper way to get to the extractor part of your question, AND to best keep the actual ejectors from ever fatiguing and breaking, would be to remove the ejector springs AND plungers, and as suggested above, install the shorter springs.

I have them listed above at my website: part number 206S. They are $4.95 each.

To do this, you simply hold barrel carefully and sideways in a protected vice and using a piece of wood or anything not metal, but hard, press the ejector back into the barrel's monoblock.

Holding the ejector in this position, and using a pick or magnet, remove part #207, "Ejector Lock"; a small round disc with a hole in its center. If you don't have a schematic, you can download a nice one at my above site.

Remove the original long coil spring and plunger, thoroughly clean the hole(s) and reinsert the shorter spring with lube, and the plunger and reassemble in the reverse order.

I'd highly recommend that you clean the insider of the "L" bend of the ejector itself. When crud builds up there, repeated closings of the action tends to cause a fatigue area and this is where they eventually crack and break.

Whiz

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ditto what Roach said. That is how my TMX is set up. Bulge.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Whiz, did the ejector trip rods for the TMX come in yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

convert perazzi mx8 to extractor

perazzi ejectors

what does a perazzi ejector sear do