1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Convert Browning Ultra XT to Extract

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhoward, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoward

jhoward Member

Can a Browning Ultra XT be converted to extract instead of eject? My wife is having a hard time catching or blocking the hulls. I've tried to show her how to do it, and she's getting better, but she's asked if I can make it extract so she doesn't have to worry about it. I've checked the owner's manual and Browning's website, but I couldn't find anything there.

Thanks,

Joe

2. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

You can remove the springs in the forend or install very weak springs.
    I am told that 1911 firing pin springs will not throw them all the way clear.

I have done the former on mine.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have this saved from ts.com

How to convert a Citori from ejectors to extractors:
    The Citori is set up differently. The trip rods are held in place with the hammer pivot screws.
    Remove the stock, remove the hammer springs, line up the trip rod so the hole in it lines up with the hammer pivot screw. Remove the screw and push the trip rod out (forward, into the receiver).
    Removing the rods will only allow the extractor/ejector to raise to the same point as they do when the gun is unfired and opened.
    You can replace the ejector hammer springs (located in the forend) with lighter springs found at the hardware store. This will allow the ejector hammers to still trip, but very weakly. This will allow the ejectors/extractors to raise to that point as a fired gun. This would be the better of the two. It'll make grabbing the shells with fat fingers easier.
    EDIT>>>>Removing just the ejector sears will have you fighting with the heavy spring loaded ejector hammers everytime you remove and replace the forend.
    Doug Braker

4. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

The other benefit is that your wife will notice quite a bit less effort in opening the gun since she is only cocking one hammer & spring instead of two.

5. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Go to www.shotgunworld.com, go to the Browning Forum. Theres a pictorial and step by step instructions.

6. jhoward

jhoward Member

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori xt trap eject

browning ultra xt manual

how to convert a browning 625 from ejectors to extractors

how to remove ejector from citori

remove ejector springs for browning citori

replace citori ejector spring