1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

convert back to two eyed shooing???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by himejim, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himejim

himejim Member

ABout 7 years ago I was diagnosed with left eye dominant and I shoot off of my right shoulder. I have used a majic dot to block my left eye since.

I never felt like I see the target quick and many times I can't seem to get a lock on the target. I have tested for dominant eye regularly for the past two years and now it always shows right eye dominant.

Any thoughts on converting back to two eyed? Thanks.....Jim

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Give it a try. Start off slow. Set the trap on straight aways and shot from post 3. Shoot a couple shots with your left eye closed and then a couple shots with both eyes open. Continue this pattern and when you are getting good hits with both eyes open you can try shooting a regular round of trap. HMB

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I would think the lefty eye would resurface as dom, Maybe a eye DOC can help with this one. Maybe shooting all these years with the dot has weakened you left eye? I had to ease into shooting with both eyes.

4. DocJim

DocJim Member

Todd Bender had an article on this subject in the Skeet Shooting Review a couple of years ago. His conclusions that it was possible (He is an example of a pevious "tape" shooter) but less likely to be successful in older shooters. There were no specific regimens for converting back to two eyes as I recall.
    JIm G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.