1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Contractors in Iraq...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dahaub, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Chuckles, in my honest opinion I wish all those mercenarys were not there at all. Why should our government pay those guys 10 times what a GI is getting? Our government is the one paying their mercenary wages don't you know? Those guys getting paid from KBR and Halliburton and those other companies are getting their pay directly from our government and how would you feel if you were a Marine or in the Army drawing that pay scale and knowing the Mercenarys were getting the "cushier" assignments and getting paid 10 to 0ne better money? That is part of the unbelievable cost of this crazy war to begin with the 200 thousand dollar per year mercenary soldier cost. I've stated before that if you want to end this war "Stop paying Haliburton". Lets give those Iraquis something better than democracy. Lets let them realize what "Back Bone" is and let them fight their civil war by themselves and get our troops out of the way. That's my honest opinion. Dan

2. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Add this to the mix too; it's all tax-free money for the mercs.

3. C H S

C H S TS Member

"Chuckles, in my honest opinion I wish all those mercenarys were not there at all. Why should our government pay those guys 10 times what a GI is getting?"

Because mercs don't get tied up by all the Geneva rules that the regular GI has to live with. They can take on jobs that the regular military can't. Why do you think the government wants so many of them in the first place? And the news media doesn't follow them around spying on every move they make. If you think that mercs get all the cushy jobs, its because those are the only jobs the news people ever find out about.

Andy

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Some trolling is more successful than others. Jake

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Yeah, they even went into Bosnia and fed our troops there ("They're coming home this Christmas." 1999)

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I know many contract workers that are in the middle east. The reason they are paid well is because they wouldn't go otherwise. The U.S. can ORDER our troops into harms way, but nobody is going to risk their neck for cheap in a war zone! WOULD YOU DO IT? Much of the resupply work and Acft. maint. is done by contractors. They DO get shot at and many have been killed. There is always the threat of being taken hostage. One of my fellow workers went over and was seriously injured in an attack on the hangar he was in during his first month! He sent months in the hospital, came close to losing his life, and will carry some of his injuries the rest of his life. I doubt if he thinks the money he got was woth it. It is NO picnic over there. Thanks to constant "downsizing" today's military is razor thin. Contractors are the only way the U.S. fills the void. I beleive there needs to be another draft, but the politicans are too vote sensitive to consider one. I would verture some of these posters that dislike contract workers are too wet behind the ears to remember Vietnam. We had the same thing going on there. Contractors went into a combat zone and were paid well for it. Until somebody admits the military is way under manned, it will continue.

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

In Ireland,,,where the English think they should rule,,they are not allowed to have a "standing army"!!! So--------in times past,,men of Ireland of military age went upon the seas and fought for any army or cause that would pay them!!

The Irish have fought for spain,,france,,mexico,,el-salvador,,the muslim countries,,,,,,,anybody that would PAY!!!!!!

When their enlistment was up,,,they would sneak back into Ireland by the dark of the night,,,stay as long as the english authorities stayed away,,,and then by the dark of the night they left again,,,to other foreign lands,,,,The were and are called the "WILD GEESE"!!!!!!!!!!!

Americans have long ago smelled money in places of "conflict and strife"!!!! Americans are better versed in most in "how to slaughter your enemy like civilized men"!!!! Besides that,,,,once you get a taste,,and the wolf inside you has been allowed to "run free",,and you live above and beyond the normal lifestyle,,,,it is very addictive!!!!! And the wolf,,,,takes a long time to be put back inside!!!!

At any given time on this planet,,,at least 6 regional conflicts are always going on,,,,,and every one of these conflicts "PAY"!!!! They "PAY" for american know-how,,,and professional training!!!! You just have to lose your sense of right and wrong,,,,and bring your thinking down to "basic thinking"!!! MONEY!!!!!! Whatever the reason,,,whatever the cause,,,it does not matter,,,,as long as you get paid!!!!! If there is a God,,,,a mercenary will face no more harsh judgement than that of the average christian or muslim!!!

The gaurdian angel of every paratrooper and MERCENARY is St.Michael!!!!!

Mercenary's stood,,fought and killed during the crusades,,,,,"Pict" mercenarys painted themselves blue,,took scalps,,and wore feathers into combat!!!!

Mercearys fought with the legions of Rome,,,and have taken part in just about every conflict known to man...........

Like a prostitute,,,,as long as man has a penis,,,their job is secure!!!! As long as war is with us,,,Mercenarys will have a job!!!!!!!!!!

The american group of private contractors from the U.S. is "blackwater security",,,,they generally hire combat paratroopers from Ft.Bragg,,,and the Marines in Camp Legune,,,the ones there in Iraq are combat vets,,were once paid as american soldiers,,,,,,and they deserve every dime they get!!!! Thats the perks!!!!! And its really NO DIFFERANT than the U.S. military paying soldiers upwards of 50,000 dollars for "RE-ENLISTING"!!!! And no differant than being paid to drive a truck for Haliburton,,,the only thing differant is the "tools" used...........

AKA Grammie..........

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

CHS, understand your topic and its necessity then you may understand your ability to post at random here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. mikee

mikee TS Member

Grammie.........What did the Irish do on you?.I class myself as Irish and am proud of it. I have fought for my country (United States)and never had to do anything "by the dark of night"as you put it.Thousants of Irish men and women have fought and died for this country of ours and for you to try and portray them as some sort of cowards who only did anything at the pleasure of the english is an insult to all Irish people. Irish men and women have fought the might of the british empire for four hundred years and have prevailed....That same british empire which was thrown out of this country.

Ireland does have a standing army.

The Wild Geese are in no small measure responsible for the fact that you can sleep at night in a free country.

Mike

10. grammie

grammie TS Member

Well,,,,,anybody that knows the exploits of "Mad Mike" knows that Mercs CAN form an army AND start a WAR,,,,but not without consequences!!!!!!!

Beleive me when I tell you,,,,,,,they are not BUBBA'S!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

11. grammie

grammie TS Member

Get a grip Mike!!!! I was simply explaining what they were!!!!

If you take offense,,,,,,then by all means----do so,,,,But not against me!!! Do so against history!!!

Anyway,,,you completly mis-understood my post!!! Of course they were not cowards!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

problem is...when you're not acting under Geneva Convention...you're not protected by it. So, the high-pay makes sense. What doesnt make sense is Rumsfeld's idea of a "quick, fast-deploying" military...especially when it's too small to secure what you conquer.

13. C H S

C H S TS Member

"CHS, understand your topic and its necessity then you may understand your ability to post at random here!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

birdmaster, just what in the heck is that supposed to mean and who the hell volunteered you to be majordomo literature critic of the post police?

Andy

14. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

If Willy Clinton hadn't cut the size of the armed forces so much we woudln't need them and we wouldn't be in such a jam in Iraq! Do you think 60 years ago a bunch of ragheads would give us a hard time? Its also realy too bad we educate these idiots at our best schools. We should be leaving them in the dark ages, not helping them modernize! It would be in the best interest of the rest of the world that has any sense! Their idea of modern should be a camel with mudflaps!

15. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

it was rumsfeld who wanted to keep the military presence small and agile. They never really thought out a scenario where they were going to have to use the military as security and nation building. SOmething Bush said the military shouldnt be used for in his 2000 campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.