1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

continous shot maker

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686

686 TS Member

jim101 and himark have made a coninious running recirculation shot maker. does any one have one that can show pictures? what did you use for a spout or niple throu the bottom of your colant tank? i want to make one. i think i can and it will work but i would like to make a better one from people that have found out the problums. thanks for any help. charles

2. scott k

scott k TS Member

i'm building a new system. i will be be using a drop tank based on jim101's tank. his idea is the best i've seen.

later scott

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

The hole on the bottom is just drilled thru the funnel and tank bottom. I brazed a short deflector about an inch long on the bottom to help direct the coolant and shot down the collection chute.

Jim

4. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Jim didn't mention it, but 3/8 inch i.d. is about optimum for the outlet. Anything larger requires coolant imput that makes the surface swirl and smaller plugs too easily. This assuming you use an ammo can for your tank.

Buz

5. richrob

richrob TS Member

What size pump are you using for the fuild?

Jim - on another thread you said you are using a 600gpm pump, Im sure this is a typo?

Thanks, Rich

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

It should be 600GPH. Must have been typo, Seems I can think a lot faster than I can type.

Jim

7. richrob

richrob TS Member

Is that more than enough flow? seems to me its pretty high. I was thinking of trying a 100 gph, but if thats not gonna be enough I wont waste my time. -Rich

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

You need the extra capacity because the coolant is a lot thicker than water and you need to be able to control the flow with a valve. I tried a 300gph and it wouldn't keep up.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.