1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Contact Info for Top Gun Products

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich V., Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

I'm trying to locate someone that handles a product called "Wads Out". Top Gun Products use to be a distributor; however I think they moved from NC or their number has changed. In any event, I'd appreciate any information on Top Gun Products or someone that carries Wads Out. Thanks!

Rich V...

2. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rich...

I've been looking for the Top Gun products for quite awhile now to no avail. I've heard they're out of business and the product is no longer available. It's a shame, it was a good product.

Curt

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I used to buy mine from a middleman and about 3-4 years ago I tried to get some more. The seller said they had to quit ordering the product because the "manufacturer" was so difficult to deal with (they used another phrase). It was good product, it would make the barrel "sing" when you got it clean(actually it was more like a squeak). They also made something called "Gun Oil" that fixed I don't know how many squeaks on equipment at work. It was really thin, but, man would it work and last too.

The address on the last bottle I have is:
    Top Gun Products
    2120 Winterlake Drive
    Gastonia, NC 28054
    1-888-307-5397 or a "newer" #, 704-866-7683

Good luck.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Top Gun is out of business. I sold the last 15 bottles of the barrel cleaner to others on this site last year. One person who bought 4 bottles (Charles Beard, Stronghurst IL) even sent me a bonus box of candy.

If anyone is really interested in purchasing the product in 55 gallon drums, I know what was in the bottles. If anyone has a connection with a commercial aircraft mechanic, they could probably get a couple of gallons free. Did you know that before X-ray testing the jet fins on an engine, they must be very clean?

Also, the cables in a commercial aircraft must be lubricated with something that can hold up when the air temperature changes from -20 to 90 in a few minutes. The Top Gum lubricant will do that.

And, the person who sold Top Gun products part time, was a full time commercial aircraft mechanic.

Pat Ireland

6. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Thanks for all the info guys! I had that feeling that it was no longer available but I had to try anyway. Thanks again!

Rich V...

7. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Was it acetone? Acetone will eat plastic.

tom

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

tom- I don't think there was any acetone in the cleaner. It was a liquid that had some very small black granular stuff suspended in it and some sort of other dark chemical dissolved in it. My guess is that it contained some sort of non polar organic compound that is a good cleaner.

Microscopic cracks in a jet engine fin will only show up with x-ray examination if all the dirt is cleaned out of the cracks. All of us want such cracks to show up during an engine inspection and not when the airplane is at 12,000 feet.

Pat Ireland

9. FLIP

FLIP Member

google took me here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.