1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Consistency Problem?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by myevh3, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myevh3

myevh3 TS Member

Maybee some veterans can lend some advice. I started shooting beginning of December 09, so it's been most Saturdays for the past 4 months. I think I progressed fairly well, on singles I shoot mostly 23 to 25 but my problem is I always have a batch of 20 to 22s in the mix that I cannot escape. My scores will be 24,24,25,20,21,24. I cannot shake those low twenties. I have shot several 25s so I know I can do it. Probabably mental, but very frustrating. I shot a registered event over the weekend started out 24,24 then we changed fields, and I went 20, 21. The wind was a factor on the other field but others shoot well so I could not have been that big of deal. I probably just need to keep practicing. Seems I do my best when I just call for bird, see it, break it. The faster I shoot the better. I need some new ways to stay focused maybee? Words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am excellent at inconsistent shooting. All one has to do to achieve this is lack concentration for just a short time. I believe that I can teach this pattern of shooting to anyone who is interested.

Pat Ireland

3. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Yup, and if Pat needs a backup teacher, I'm available too. Been there, done that, and I can show ya.

4. perga1

perga1 Active Member

C'mon Pat, we all know you're a AAA shooter but you sandbag to maintain a AA average. Jim

5. JRW

JRW Member

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought DEPENDS would take care of this problem. Jerry in MI.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

#1 Does your gun shoot dead on? Have you put it on paper?

#2 Keep practicing. It is a mind game. Practice concentrating on each target, as well as face pressure, stance, and hold height at each station. If you are serious about the sport, and feel you are not progressing fast enough, take a clinic.

#3 Most important...Keep it fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.