1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Consistency...I have NONE!!! Damn I suck!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

So I just got back from a 200 singles shoot and the lack of consistency in my shooting is frankly ridiculous. Nothing specific other than throwing some shots away because I am stupid and lifted my head, but it just seems that when a round went bad, it went really bad. I didn't get frustrated or anything, just seemed to get away from me.

24-21-20-24

23-20-20-23

What an odd shooting pattern with good first and last rounds and a complete mess in the middle.

2. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

If you happened to be at Middletown there would be nothing odd about that pattern. Traps on the corner are tough.

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

No it was at the North NJ shoot and it was on 4 different traps so I am just going to go ahead and blame myself for my miserable performance :)

PS - Some shooters really seem like real jerks. I saw everything from people making the whole line wait for them while they took their sweet ass time to get more ammo when they should have had it in the first place to people just throwing total hissy fits on the line to guys walking from 5 to 1 when 3(!) was still shooting.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

It was just one of them days. Drive on.

5. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

Sounds like my whole year. I can't keep my head in it at all. I know how to fix it though, keep on shooting!

Joe

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You are now a member of the 90% of ATA shooter's.

Curt

7. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Focus grasshopper. On each and every target. A completely clear head and total focus is the key to success. Now, if you figure out how, please let me know. I would sure appreciate it.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well, at least you're maintainiing a good, positive attitude. LOL.

-Gary

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I once shot 50 straight in a handicap from the 27. I knew I won about $1400 for that 50 straight. I then shot a 17, and on the forth trap I shot a 12. Using a Space gun, no less. It happen's, move on. There will be another shoot.........

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

If you think you suck you will! It looks to me like you shot a decent first house and relaxed or gave up on the middle two, and then buckled down for the last one. One target at a time a hundred times.

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

VPR80, don't be so hard on yourself. Go out there and have fun. Life is to short to worry about scores that really don't mean anything in the big scheme of life.

It's just trap shooting... are you going to die if you don't shoot 100? I doubt it. The main thing is.... have fun with your friends. You never know when they may not be there anymore.

Lost a shooting friend Labor day weekend due to a woman, who by her own admission, thought she could make her left turn in front of his motorcycle. Larry never had a chance.

Don't sweat the small stuff, and remember, it's all small stuff.

Good lunk and have fun.

JMHO... Jerbear

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I am not sweating it. I had a fun, although it was too much sitting around for a little shooting, but it was a good day.

otnot, most likely that's what happened both times so basically i just need to control my head to stay in the game.

jerbear, so sorry to hear about your friend. as a former rider myself, i've seen it happen too many times. i haven't been on a bike in a few years, but still hearing stories of riders going down makes my stomach churn.

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

vpr80 I am curious what you would think consistent consecutive scores should be? Also what class you are in?

Bob Lawless

14. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Just go have fun and fellowship, quit worring about a great score, just relaxe your score will come up. Good luck.
    Railroad

15. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Bob, I am hoping for something within 1 or 2 points like a 22-24 range. Have no class, just started shooting ATA.

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Well from what I can see your average right now(for you two hundred targets) is right now 87.5. The score of your first hundred was 89 and the score of your second hundred was an 86.

So you are 1.5 targets one way or the other of your average. Your class as it stands right now is Class D it is a little early to actually classify you. Yet for someone with two D class score to your credit you are showing quite a bit of consistency.

I would say that you maybe should just relax and enjoy and don't push so hard it will come. It is all right now new to you and it takes time to learn the parts of the game that you might be lacking. Like focus and the other mental aspect of the game.

Even if you have been shooting trap for years shooting ATA events at first is like a foreign language ti take a little time. Try this if you know how to copy and paste copy your original post on this thread. Paste it into a word pad document it is in your accessories in windows. One year from the date of the start of this thread open it up and see if you have noticed a difference.

I am willing to bet you will get a chuckle out of your original post. The main thing is to enjoy it and not put a lot of pressure on yourself to soon. You will have plenty of time to put pressure on yourself later. Good luck and good shooting and welcome to ATA shooting.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.