1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Considering buying a Caesar Guerini Summit Limited

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by alwayslearnin, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alwayslearnin

alwayslearnin Member

0   0   0

Howdy,

Looking for some opinions as I'm considering buying a CG Summit Limited Sporting. I know it's not a trap gun but there are plenty of shooters on this site that shoot the other sports. This will be used for sporting clays, 5 stand and skeet. I really like the case colored receiver, and they do come up used in my price range now and then. I'm looking to get some real feedback on those who own, shot or have shot them. I have never shot a Caesar Guerini and am wondering what people thoughts are. This would also be my first o/u. Thanks in advance.

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

I have owned several, a 12 & a 20 in the regular Summit model. 32" bbls for both. Shot only a few rounds with each before a buddy grabbed both. I think the 12 will be better served with a 30" bbl & a 32" definately for the 20. The 20 was one of the nicest shooting guns I have used. I have a K-20,Perazzi MX-8 & a K-80 in 20 to compare it to. The 20 felt like it really wanted to break targets,very smooth on the swing. I know you are looking for a CC but I have a Summit 32" 20 for sale. Shot less than a flat. Mint gun. Selling as I have 1 already & took it in trade for 2 1911's. $2300 + $25 shipping. Tom
    406 821-3215.

3. alwayslearnin

alwayslearnin Member

0   0   0

Tom,

Thanks for the advice. I am leaning towards a 20ga and am glad you mentioned a preference the 32" barrels. That's one of the hardest things to decide since I probably won't be able to try before I buy. The case colored receiver is a must for me. It just looks too nice not to have.

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I have a Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting three barrel set (20, 28, .410) all with 32" barrels. I absolutely love it. I use it mainly for Skeet and some Sporting Clays.

I had Jim Greenwood bend the stock to fit me and I installed a Gracoil to take the sting out of the 20 gauge. It weighs in at just under 8 pounds.

I purchased this to get away from my 12 gauge O/U with Briley tubes. The tube gun weighs in at almost 10 pounds. Way too heavy for me now that I am pushing 70.

I think the Summit Sporting is a very well made shotgun. Mine has the greytone receiver.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.