1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Considering Brow lift surgery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Bradbury, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I am a one eyed shooter and my right eye lid droops a lot. I was told that a browlift would improve my shooting by allowing me to see better. The shooter who told me this claimed that it helped him. Has anyone else had this done and has it helped you? I live in Buckley Washington. Does anyone know a doctor that they would recommend in the Puget Sound Area? I was told to find an eye doctor that understands how to help shooters. Any suggestions?

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

How about changing gun mount so your head isn't tilted forward, thus taking the brow factor out? Just a thought.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wow!! You set yourself up for this one........

----o00o-----//{´°`(_)´°` }\\--o00o----

4. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Email sent

5. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

sent you a PM

js in PA

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

A friend of mine who is not a shooter had this done just a few days ago. I'm not sure if he really needed it, but the doc talked him into it saying that either his insurance or Medicare (I forget which) would pay for it. So, my buddy thought "Why not?".

Well, anyway, I talked with him yesterday. He thought this was going to be a "bandaid" surgery....... go in, get a little nip and tuck, a couple of stitches and be out of there in 15 minutes. Man, was he surprised! I think he said the surgery lasted about 1 1/2 hours and he estimates he has 25 or more stitches above EACH eye. His eyes and face look like he went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. I'm not sure if he can even close his eyelids completely right now.

If it were me, I'd do a heck of a lot more research into this surgery before deciding that it can't hurt anything. Yes, if you have a severe drooping eyelid problem it may be the thing to do, but if you just think that it's a harmless little change that can only help, then you might want to research it further before jumping into the water. Good luck.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.