1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Considering a Ljutic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jerryw, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

I am looking at a Pro-3 Ljutic. I don't know anything about these guns. I would sure like some feedback as to reliability, etc.

Thanks

Jerry Walker

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

A very well made gun. If you can shoot it well, I doubt that you can wear it out.

Pat Ireland

3. CharlieHill

CharlieHill TS Member

Great guns, but buy a used one. Resale is not great. I bought my Mono in excellent condition for $2250.

4. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Thanks for the responses. Pat, do you shoot a Ljutic? Charlie, I am looking at a used one. I have shot a Friends Ljutic and like the way it fits, shoots and looks. I saw the gun advertised that I am interested in. Monday I will go look at it, and hopefully be able to shoot it. Chip King I understand the gun addiction problem. I have owned a bunch of them. Fun isn't it.

Thanks

Jerry Walker

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Jerry,

I bought my Ljutic 25 used years ago and knew as soon as I shot it that it was meant to be mine...I have never regreted my decision. A lot of posters on ts.com will tell you that you lose your shirt on Ljutics when you sell them but if you buy a gun that fits, and that you can shoot and keep it forever, it's money very well spent.

Ron Burr

6. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Jerry:
    I also bought my DynaTrap used almost 20 years ago.
    Great Gun, I have had minor problems, Replaced firing pin twice, Hammer spring will go weak on you every 3~4 years, But that's about it.
    Simple to work on.
    Go for it, You'll like it.

7. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Thanks for the responses. As I said I don't know anything about them. Do they have a drop out trigger?

Thanks

Jerry Walker

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Yes, they have a drop out trigger, Jerry. I had one for 19 years. Shot everything from 3/4 oz to 1 1/2 oz in it and it was still tight when I sold it. I like the Alfermann trigger better, but otherwise quality and durability are similar.

Buz

9. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

jerry send me your email and i will send you pictures of my ljutic I have for sale motordoc

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Hey, Jerry!! If you haven't already done so, contact Doug Gray.....he ususally has a nice selection of both new and used ones.....

Ken Rucker

11. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Regarding the Ljutics...I shoot one and am extremely happy with it...but before you buy, look around. The Pro-3 generally carries a premium price, and I really don't know what the real "advantages" are over the Monogun. The trigger on Ljutics is quite good, and can be made to maintain its crispness by getting the new carbon silicon trigger spring that is available from Ljutic for about $20...cheap insurance. The trigger group is removable and is extremely easy to work on. NO gun is as simple nor more durable, IMHO. THE RIB...be careful here...there are 4 fixed rib options...the standard low rib, intermediate rib, 0.70" rib (my favorite), and the olympic rib. Depending upon your preferred sight picture and head attitude, which one you pick can make a difference in whether this gun is a long-term keeper. Finally, I'd look for a gun that has a stainless receiver (and barrel block if its available)...no need to reblue, and it always looks good.

Good luck!

Rob M.

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shot my Ljutic for 20 years. I will never sell it. I have never replaced a part, and I don't have any idea how may shells have gone through the the gun, 100,000's of everything that can be bought or reloaded. A tank of a gun, with very few moving parts. ERGO: very little to break. In my opinion, a gun is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. I don't care what it looks like or how much it cost, or if it has fancy wood, or a engraved gold receiver. I just want it to do the job everytime, all the time. That is a Ljutic.

13. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Thanks for all of the responses.All good information. Ken, I have been looking at Doug's web site you are right he has a good selection. I am going to give him a call today. Your new sliding comb look's great but, I am not surprised. Take care.

Jerry Walker

14. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Motor Doctor sent you an e-mail

Jerry

15. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

JerryW - - send your email and I will send pictures and information on a Ljutic I have for sale. Big Heap

16. bgf

bgf Active Member

Jerry,

I have had three Ljutics. I am down to one which is a late model Dynakic.

As has been said, you cannot wear these guns out. The downside is the resale value which is low...no one can come up with a good reason for this that I have heard. Made in America with American hands...great service but on the pricey side...Nadine is a class act.

The Ljutics are a very heavy gun...9-10 pds. plus. If you are use to a wippy front end gun (Perazzi comes to mind) there will be a big difference in swing.
    Their trigger and lock time is second to none.

My Dynakic is the only gun I have owned that I have not thought of trading or selling. For me, that is saying something...lol.

Hope this helps,
    Bernie

17. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Big Heap and Motor Doctor,

I am going to trade a gun in so, I will probably be better off trading with a dealer that is close to me.

I appreciate your input, and good luck selling your guns.

Jerry

18. lewddt10

lewddt10 TS Member

Jerry,
    I shoot a Ljutic Pro 3. The guns are great. Very tight. Great trigger. I would recommend the stainless; you never have to worry about reblueing. All Ljutics are great. My wife shoots a stainless Dynokic and really enjoys it.
    Biff was right. Indiania Gun Club is a great place to get one. They have a super selection and you can try any of them.
    Number 33S and Number 777S Ljutics
    Jeff and Kelly

19. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jerry,

Just took a like new Stainless Pro III in on a trade for a Silver Seitz. The gun is like new and has 3 factory (Briley) Choke tubes and a release or pull trigger. If you would like pictures of it shoot me an email at the above address and I'll send you some.

Thanks,

Bob Schultz

20. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Thanks for all of the good info. You have really shed a lot of light on Ljutic for me.

Bob, you have an e-mail

Jerry Walker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.