1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Consider Romney

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chango2, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I am not Mormon, but I have considered that Romney may be an individual who has skills, so far not highly revealed, in obtaining consensus and working with those who differ from his viewpoint. Consider that those from the LDS faith have a background of being discriminated against, and, historically, were driven from the Midwest in a very cruel fashion. The LDS faith also is a relatively new faith and, hence, has a history of being supportive and accepting to all in theory. Therefore, perhaps Romney realizes the need to reach out and communicate and to effectively reach practical legislative compromises with Congress and to effectively move things forward, rather than merely promoting an impass and then posturing as a stonewalled president.

Perhaps Romney will have more respect and understanding of viewpoints differing from his and will not react with arrogance and intimidation. He may, if elected President, be an individual who can heal old political and social and economic wounds, yet make more Americans feel involved and motivated.

I base this on his often alleged waffling on opinion, (not afraid to reconsider an opinion), his very open style that sometimes leads to his putting his foot in his mouth, yet a history of being a strong business leader, albeit a bit greedy and ruthless when reorganizing companies.

However, my preceding is based upon personal observation alone and personal history interacting with Mormon friends. Perhaps someone of the LDS faith can weigh in on my aformentioned hypothesis?

Thanks,

David Buchman

Los Angeles

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Interesting point re. Obama in business. I think he'd do fairly well 'cause he'd likely be a good "street fighter" and circumvent many rules via manipulation, influence peddling, and the like. Heck, if the carnival industry were a big one, he'd be good at running an employment agency for carnival barkers!

But I'm hijacking my own thread at this juncture, I am curious about how the LDS influence may influence and or enhance Romney's skills in negotiating with Congress and with individual states and lead politicians of higher than average influence...e.g. Speakers of the House, governors, and the like.

I apologize to anyone who felt I was being critical of how the LDS Church embraces and interprets its relationship with Christ. My intent was not to consider any of Romney's religious beliefs, but to consider whether the Mormon Lifestyle (folkways and mores, e.g., helping one another, providing for relief for its community, charities for all, shared leadership of Wards, history of being a persecuted minority and the like) to have given and raised Mr. Romney's skills and consciousness in negotiating and mediating various factions with skill and with understanding of differing opinions respectively, or more simply put, would such non-secular considerations suggest that Mr. Romney may "have a handle" on leading in a democratic fashion with more elan than that which have seen in the past?

I feel that his background may, and I suggest may, give Mr. Romney the ability to have a more comprehensive view of how to solve problems than that which we have seen during the past 3.75 years plus.

I do wish any Mormon in particular would weigh in on this...thanks, I am admittedly overly wordy.

3. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I don't think Bama has done anything "straight up" in his entire entitlement laden life. It is now and has always been the "Chicago way". The ends always justify the means.If you are a liberal, you are on the side of compassion and goodness. Doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you do. And as a bonus, the big unions will gladly finance your trip there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.