1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Conroe, Texas...what is and where is the closest t

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Captain Bud, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

What is the closest gun club to the town of Conroe, Texas?

I was told Metro gun club which is south of Houston is nice. (2+ hours away).

I am looking for the closest gun club to the Lake Conroe area. I'm hoping that there is a club closer, like within an hour or so. (less if possible).

I went on the Texas Trap Assoc. site and didn't find an overall Texas map with the gun clubs marked. There seems to be a bunch of clubs but if you don't know the locations of the cities, it might take a bunch of time.

Thanks for any and all help folks.

Philip Santos

2. Aggie.

Aggie. Member

They don't have registered trapshoots, but check out the Conroe club, and Creekwood. Oh forgot, just click on the link above.

3. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

We are working on that map as we speak. For registered trap in the Houston area, Metro is about it. They shoot registered almost every Sunday. There dates are listed on the state website under "Texas shoot dates". Good people. You'll enjoy yourself. Jimmy Borum

4. Darla

Darla Member

Also, if you're here Sept 17-19, try the Zone V shoot at National in San Antonio. Darla

5. Garry

Garry Active Member

Captain Bud,

Check out the website above. These shooting sites are within a 200 mile radius of Conroe,TX.

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I had lunch in the Ben Wheeler town cafe today. Think it was Moores. It was really good but the chips leave a lot to be desired. Will see if I can get french fries next time. Ray

7. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Thanks folks. Garry's info got me the info that I was looking for.

The link flagged but by just going www.claytargetsonline.com worked great.

That is exactly the type of map that I was looking to find.

Again, thank you all.

Philip Santos

8. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

The interactive map for all clubs in Texas that are registered with the Texas Trapshooters Association is now avaliable on the TTA website (see above). Thank you Darla Auten. Jimmy Borum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.