1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Connie's Components

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 687_SP_II, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

Connie

Who has used Connie's for reloading supplies? Prices look good. How is their delivery service? Did you have any problems?

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Never could get in touch with them to do business so I gave up.

Tom

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I drive past them on my travels in Washington, and have stopped and bought stuff from them. It's a small operation, not a large commercial warehouse. I have luck calling the cell phone number. Mark

4. wlc

wlc Member

I've bought components from them, never a problem.

5. SBray

SBray Active Member

Great small business! In the past, some have complained about not being able to get a hold of anyone at the business. I have always found that calling ahead of time makes all the difference.

JMHO,

Steve

6. C-Money

C-Money Member

I have heard nothing but positives about Connies.

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've done business with Connie's for 8 years now. The guy that runs the place has a day job and will fill orders when he gets home at night. I have never had one issue with them and they have some of the best prices around. Make sure you note that hazmat is included in most of their specials.

Kevin

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have benn shooting factory loads for the past year or so but prior to that I did use Connies and never had a problem. I would make my order on the internet to get around the phone call problem.

There was a period there where they didn't have much to offer in the way of powders or primers but then no one else did either at the time. Their pricing was very good.

9. willing

willing Member

I just took advantge of one of their specials, primers 4 sleeves shipped to my door in NC. Cheaper than buying anywhere local even including hazmat and shipping.

Bill

10. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

use someone else

11. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

Have used their service since 1987, nice people and have always been satified with their products and service.

12. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

They are in Southern California right now. I called and they are closed until next Tuesday.

Bryan

13. warren

warren Member

I've been using them for about 5 years no problem.

warren

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

They been my supplier for over 2 years now.

No problems, Great people and Great service.

Their cell phones work so does the email!! Use them.

Tami, is very responsive, but if you don't leave a message, how is she suppose to know who is calling and looking for what!

15. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Good people to do business with never a problem.Jerry

16. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Since Tammi took over running the warehouse, things have sharpened right up. The only problem I have had with them is the phone is always busy when I call, but Tammi always calls back if I leave a message with my number. I usually pick up at least a ton and a half of shot, and wads, primers and powder in my order, and have on occasion had to wait for something, usually powder, to come in. If they don't have something you need, they will try to order it for you on their next order. All in all, a great company run by shooters for shooters.

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If you buy in case lots, so they don't have to break them down, you'll get very good prices. I bought a 4 sleeve case of Cheddites and the price was very good, including hazmat and shipping.

18. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Dakin and Tammi are my primary supplier for components. I started doing business with Fred, Dakin's dad, at least 18-20 years ago, probably more. In fact, I'm proud to say that I am the happy owner of one of Fred's old left hand 870TB's. This is a family owned, and operated, business. Dakin has a day job, is a very highly ranked sporting clays shooter who attends as many events as time, and money, will allow, and still manages to run a very solid components business with his wife. If you are looking for a "big bucks", high end business with lots of employees to jump on your every need, and want someone that will return your call within 5 minutes or so, Connies is probably not for you. If, on the other hand, you want to do business with a smaller, shooter friendly, family owned, laid back, and easy to deal with company, then you definately need to consider Connies. It's just like dealing with the vendors of the past that used to show up at shoots all the time to just take care of trapshooters, only to disapear again until the next shoot. Friendly, good prices, and always a thank you after the sale. Reminds me of the way Denzel and Letha Sisson used to do business, and, if you remember the Sisson's you will know what I mean. Connies does a significant amount of business with the shooters here in the Pacific Northwest, and I can tell you that, without them, we would all be paying much higher prices for components than we are now.... They have my thanks, and my appreciation, for helping me keep costs down for my reloading.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

19. SBray

SBray Active Member

Dan Thome, and the other positive commenter's, have given a very accurate description of Connies!

Connies is the perfect example of a small business that delivers quality products at good prices, and with great customer service.

Dakin and Tammi, keep up the good work! You have provided the west coast with shooting supplies at an affordable price.

JMHO,

Steve

20. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I would just mimic what Dan has already written. I was there when Fred and Connie started the business.

I was/am certainly appreciative of Dakin and Tammi when they decided to keep the business open.

Top notch people,good products at good prices.

Ajax/Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
conies reloading
connies component cell phone

connies components