1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Connies Components

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 45er, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 45er

45er TS Member

Hello,

I am trying to find out what's going on at Connies Components. I have never used them before, so I made a few telephone calls out there and left my numbers. No response. Emails went unanswered. Since they had a good sale on lead, I went ahead and made an order for 24 bags of their shot. I made the order, then sent a personal check because I'm not in any hurry to get the lead.

I receive an email confirmation of my order. Then a couple of days later, another email saying my order was shipped. I thought that was odd since my check didn't even have a chance to get there, much less be cashed. Another call and voice mail. Never a return call. Today four bags of shot (out of 24 ordered) show up on my porch. I checked my bank account and the check hasn't even been cashed!

Another call and email. No responses.

I sure hope the other 20 bags show up. I know these folks are operating on low overhead to keep costs down. I appreciate that. But 5-6 calls and 3 emails, none of which has ever been answered is strange.

What's the "word" out on this thread about Connie's Components? Are they reliable, and does anyone know why they don't get back to customers?

Thanks,

Rob

2. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

I ordered 10 and only 4 have showed up, I have used them before and had no problems,they are bad (slow) about returning calls and emails, Dan Witcher

3. 45er

45er TS Member

I can cut them some slack if they've been at a shoot for the last 10 days. I just hope my remaining 20 bags of shot show up!

Rob

4. 45er

45er TS Member

Finally got an email reply late last night. It stated that due to the way the U.S.P.S. handles these shipments, the 24 bags of shot I ordered will dribble in over time. Whew, I was wondering about this! Nice to receive an email explaining the situation.

Rob

5. OldNewby

OldNewby TS Member

Always had very good response from Connie's. Placed a shot order last Tuesday. As the web page states, shot only ships through the USPS on Thursday. Got all 5 boxes (10 bags) on Monday. Can't expect much better given the post office.

6. sharhope

sharhope Member

I have bought from them and had excellent service and prices

7. 45er

45er TS Member

The shot saga continues. While I've come to the conclusion that Connie's is a good place to do business, I can't say the same for the U.S. Postal Service. After some concerns, the 24 bags (12 boxes) of shot I ordered from Connies started coming in. At first I got 2 boxes. Four days later, 7 more boxes show up. Ok, now I've got 22 of my 24 bags ordered.

Yesterday in my mailbox I have two things: (1) an envelope from the U.S.P.S. and inside it JUST THE BOX (flattened) that my last 2 bags of shot were supposed to be in! and (2) a hand-written note from my postal carrier saying "don't know where in the postal system the pellets are" and "you need to call the shipper and get them to start a trace". I've done that, and am awaiting a response from Connie's.

Moral of this story is that when you send two 25 lb bags of lead shot in a flimsy box (which is the deal that the U.S.P.S. is offering right now for a flat rate), you are bound to have some problems. Most of the 11 boxes I have received were in pretty sad shape when they arrived.

Shoot in front of them!

Rob

8. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

A local businessman once said "Buster Brown Shoes and the Indianapolis Postal Service have one thing in common, they both have 1000 brown loafers on hand!"

Danny

9. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

I give up,2 phone calls and 2 emails .no response to either and they sent the wrong size shot,I don't care how cheap they are there service sucks, Dan Witcher

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

You guys are lucky.

I order 70,000 cast bullets to be shipped in a multitude of "flat rate" boxes over a period of 6 weeks. I figured if I dribbled them in I would get them delivered.

NONE of the boxes were delivered - they were too heavy!!! I had to go to the PO and pick them up. I was a little PO'd.

At least 5 of the boxes were damaged.

I still got a great deal and would do it again - but I would make sure my son was around for the heavy work.

Don

11. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

I have order a lot of shot from Connies in the pass years and always got what I order and for the boxes thay always look as if thay were beat to death that not connies fault It's the Post Office also if you don't check the size of the shot you wanted it sends what is in the box at the time of order and that's user error and connie is not a mind reader so put the blame were has to go.The folks at connies are fine people and thay try to do the best thay can.

12. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

they knew what size shoot to send bozo,and they screwed up, Dan Witcher

13. Dzurf

Dzurf Member

Hey Dan,

Sorry about not getting back to you this weekend, we were shooting...I've been working on a deal with a small company in India to man the phones after hours and on weekends, but Microsoft seems to have taken everyone that can speak broken english. Until I get this worked out, I guess when I'm gone for the weekend, you'll just have to wait until Monday to get a response.
    I've read your post above, and it seems you weren't completely truthful, well, you left out a little anyway. You forgot to mention that you ordered the wrong size. You see, Dan ordered 4 bags of 8.5's and 6 bags of 6's (I'm assuming for his handicap loads at the grand) Catching his (how'd you say it Dan "screw up" I think) error, a message was left requesting that he made a mistake and wanted 6 bags of 8.5's and only 4 bags of 6's (must have dropped out of a few of the handicaps) As I didn't return his call before the receiver was put down, an email was also sent. Now it said he wanted 6 bags of 8.5's and 4 bags of 9's, or something like that...Having listened to his voicemail and made note of his "error" I answered his email and let him know, of course, it would be no problem...well thats were I screwed up (as Dan mentioned) I assumed his email was requesting the same as his voice mail and just glanced over it...my mistake. I'll take full credit for that...So Dan, Your card will be refunded for the 6's you ordered but didn't want, but did get. I see Gamaliel's has shot for just a few bucks more, $38.99 per bag, although I checked on shipping and it was $20 to my place, but I bet you live closer.

Also, while I'm in the typing mood...

Rob,

I received your email about just receiving the label on your last box of shot. Glad you received the first 22, the other will be shipped out Thursday..thanks again... Dakin

Dakin
    Connies Components

14. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Dakin, I wouldn't sell that Jerk (DAN)anything else. It's damn sad when butt heads like Danny boy can't accept responsibility for their own screw ups. Probably the same kind of butt head that always see chips of their targets. RG

15. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

Dakin you are full of shit, the email was sent to you on the 16th of june ,you answered it on August 6th and tried to say you misunderstood my phone call ( which you didn't bother to return) by saying you thought I wanted 4's and 6's if that is the truth .why did you send the 4 bags of 8 1/2 ?Once again your service sucks,Dan Witcher

16. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Obviously Dan is perfect and everyone else is a F*** up!

17. Dzurf

Dzurf Member

Hi Again Dan,

How about a quick recap to refresh your memory. You ordered the wrong shot. You left me a voice mail stating the correction to your order. (which was evidently wrong also) You sent me an email with another correction. I assumed (I know, bad thing to do) that it was the same as your voice mail and sent you a reply back, that it would be no problem. All of this is stated above in my post. I accepted responsibility for our mix up... Then you make incorrect statements on a public forum. What part of this makes me "full of sh*t"? By the way, your order was made in July, so perhaps the email you sent in June was to someone else. I've included our correspondence below, read from the bottom up...it's less confusing... not much, but a little. Oh, the 4 was in reference to the quanity, no shot size.

read this email at the bottom,it was sent the same day I recieved the order conformation,I wanted 4 bags of 8 1/2 and you sent them, I recieved 2 bags of #6 and refused shipment and they are on the way back,I wanted 6 bags of 9's not 6's and 4 bags of 81/2' s and that was your first shipment if you thought I wanted 4's and 6's why did you send the 8 1/2s Dan

----- Original Message -----
    To: dan
    Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 6:08 PM
    Subject: RE: order #2333 mistake

Hi Dan,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, we were at the western open all week. It was my understanding from the phone message that you just wanted to switch the 8.5's to 6 and the 6's to 4...

Dakin Zurfluh
    Connie's Components

360-736-6578

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:11 PM
    To: Connies Components
    Subject: Re: order #2333 mistake

recieved 2 more bags of shot today,#6's ,I called you twice and emailed you twice telling you I didn't want#6 shot that I wanted #9,you sent this conformation that it was not a problem that you would ship 9's instead aand now I have 2 bags of # 6 and probally more on the way. Dan Witcher

----- Original Message -----
    To: dan
    Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:52 PM
    Subject: RE: order #2333 mistake

Hi Dan, got your message. No problems on the switch. thanks alot

Dakin Zurfluh
    Connie's Components

360-736-6578

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 4:57 PM
    To: questions@conniescomponents.com
    Subject: order #2333 mistake

I recieved conformation on my order as of 7/16/07. looks like you confirmed 4 bags of 8.5 and 6 bags of 6's ,i want 4 bags of 8.5 and 6 bags of #9 not 6's.please change the order to reflect this.thanks Dan

18. mike b.

mike b. Member

Sounds like a confusion of shot size and quantities!!

19. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I have always enjoyed excellent service from Connie's. Since there are far more positive comments than complaints in this thread, I would urge those adults wishing to do business with a stand up company to do so.

If you need your hand held thoughout the process, you would probably be better served to buy elsewhere.

Kerry

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

The problem with a pissing contest is that everyone gets soaked.

If a winner emerges, no one wants to shake his hand anyway.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.